GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOST Season 5 ****SPOLIER US EPISODE THREAD****"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/09 at 17:25
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Wow, can't believe there isn't one of these running yet especially as one of the most popular TV shows is back (for the Yanks) tomorrow night!

Last year we had a successful thread where theories were discussed as well as thoughts on each episode, so why not one for this 17 episode run?

Personally I will be watching on Sky1 on Sunday and not jumping ahead of others in the UK by watching the US streams/rips but I know some will coughMcLongcough so don't expect to see me comment or even read this thread till Monday at the earliest.

Any questions for this series you want answers for? I'm sure you have all seen the hype videos by now (even with the god-awful Fray music) but if you haven't you should really check them out.
Fri 23/01/09 at 09:44
"possibly impossible"
Can't wait till Sunday!

Then all I need is for E4 to hurry up and get the new series of Smallville started.
Fri 23/01/09 at 21:13
Regular
"What's basketball?"
WOOO! Lost!

It's been too long...
Mon 26/01/09 at 08:52
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
That was a great opener and I really enjoyed it. Sawyer b****-slapping Faraday was genius, which he gave Charlotte one as well as threatened! Interesting to see that old lady back from Desmonds time-travelling adventures and a further continuation of Bens/Jacobs cronies off the island. Looking forward to Sunday now as it has once again become the highlight of my week.
Mon 26/01/09 at 09:08
"possibly impossible"
I too really enjoyed the opener.

Just the right mix of oddness and adventure without going too far off the rails.
Thu 29/01/09 at 03:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Enjoyed the 3rd episode far more than the first two. Predictable ending but no Jack is always a winner with me.
Mon 02/02/09 at 09:26
Regular
Yeah, loving it so far, but that's not a surprise.

Are we all hoping that annoying english woman is dead? Though so.

While I appreciated the lack of L.A. action in this episode (we'll surely have a lot more of that...), I certainly missed Mr Linus who has to be the greatest character?

Why didn't Locke punch Richard and swipe the compass back just before the time-changing-light-doom hit again? Now when he sees Richard next, he'll have an even harder time convincing him they've met/talked/etc.

Liked the bit with young Whitmore too... interesting.

Gahh.
Tue 03/02/09 at 09:14
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Due to the weather and other commitments I wasn't able to watch ep3 till last night, not sure I enjoyed it as much as the first two (but then I don't hate Jack and think any episode that has Ben, Sayid and Hurley in automatically rules) but it was a great show.

We all knew Whidmore had been on the island previously, now we know in what capacity. So if Charles is part of the others does Ben usurp his leadership at some point which causes the rift between them? Or does Jacob send him from the island in order to install Ben as leader similar to the Ben/Locke scenario?

I hope Charlotte dies as she is irritating (not to mention ginger) but I have a feeling that Daniel will save the day somehow and keep her alive. Nice to see that Miles' ability is being used more and Daniel seems to be aware of it.

I like the fact we now have (part of) the reason Richard was visiting John throughout his life testing him for the leadership qualities. Still nothing on the bald black man who visited him though and told him to go to Oz in the first place...

Looking forward to Sunday!
Tue 03/02/09 at 09:33
Regular
"Monochromatic"
ButchML wrote:
> I don't hate Jack

Why the hell not?

> We all knew Whidmore had been on the island previously

And how did we all know this? I certainly didnt. All i knew was he was laying claim to it.

> So if Charles is part of the others does
> Ben usurp his leadership at some point which causes the rift
> between them? Or does Jacob send him from the island in order to
> install Ben as leader similar to the Ben/Locke scenario?

I'd probably go for the second. Actually i have this suspicion that Widmore was given the leadership as a trick into getting him to turn the wheel. That sounds like something Ben would do.

> I hope Charlotte dies as she is irritating (not to mention
> ginger)

Racist

> but I have a feeling that Daniel will save the day
> somehow and keep her alive.

She seemed pretty dead, which suprised me as i was expecting him to find a way. There's also a lot more to explain about her.

> I like the fact we now have (part of) the reason Richard was
> visiting John throughout his life testing him for the leadership
> qualities.

Yep. I like that it also shows the writers are thinking ahead and not just making things up as they go along.

> Still nothing on the bald black man who visited him
> though and told him to go to Oz in the first place...

Worked for Widmore

> Looking forward to Sunday!

Wednesday for me

Oh and just because it came to me. Are we ever going to get a Libby explanation? They did at least mention her in the 1st episode.
Tue 03/02/09 at 09:51
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Nin wrote:
> Why the hell not?

Anybody that can be a drunk beardy surgeon and bed Kate deserves respect IMO

> And how did we all know this? I certainly didnt. All i knew was
> he was laying claim to it.

It was alluded to last series, I think, when we saw Ben off the island and talking to him. Sure he mentioned something about him "not being able to go back". Prepared to be proved wrong on this one though.

> I'd probably go for the second. Actually i have this suspicion
> that Widmore was given the leadership as a trick into getting him
> to turn the wheel. That sounds like something Ben would do.

Good theory, would love to see Ben and Jacob scheming this one

> Racist

Meh, she irritates me. Plus she reminds me of one of my ex's friends who also happens to have an irritating voice, be ginger and be called Charlotte

> She seemed pretty dead, which suprised me as i was expecting him
> to find a way. There's also a lot more to explain about her.

If she is dead, they will find a way to bring her back. As she was born on the island I can see them travelling back to a time when she was younger and Daniel try to stop her coming back, getting a brain explosion thing

> Worked for Widmore

Yeah I knew that, but why did he want John to go to Oz (then the island) unless Widmore knew he was going to 'overthrow' Ben and banish him from the island.

> Oh and just because it came to me. Are we ever going to get a
> Libby explanation? They did at least mention her in the 1st
> episode.

Wouldn't put it past them although, with the current episode style, I can't see how they would do it. I can see how they would explain Rosseou, the four-toyed statue and Benry but that, I don't know.
Tue 03/02/09 at 10:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
ButchML wrote:
> Nin wrote:
> Why the hell not?
>
> Anybody that can be a drunk beardy surgeon and bed Kate deserves
> respect IMO

N to Nick - so, why do you hate jack so much?
Nick to N - He's a angry, immature, stupid dic**ead. He also got to do Kate :@
N to Nick - hahahaha
N to Nick - he does get on my nerves sometimes to be honest
Nick to N - He's just boring. He also has a face built to slap
N to Nick - he's fit but sawyers fitter XD
Nick to N - Sawyer is interesting and funny. Jack is neither
Nick to N - "So your wife left you, boohoo, get over it you girl!"
N to Nick - lmao
Nick to N - Nothing bad has happened to him, nothing compared to the rest of them yet he continually walks around with a "I'm sad, give my sympathy" look. John should have shot him when he had the chance
N to Nick - you have a point
Nick to N - I'm not the only one who hates him. I've yet to find anyone male who likes him, he's such a moaning little b***h.
Nick to N - And again, he got to do Kate, the undeserving ba**ard
N to Nick - haha. but so did sawyer
Nick to N - Yeah but Sawyer is great. He deserved to do Kate and i cheered him on

> It was alluded to last series, I think, when we saw Ben off the
> island and talking to him. Sure he mentioned something about him
> "not being able to go back". Prepared to be proved
> wrong on this one though.

Thought they were talking about Ben and Widmore not being able to find the place. That was my favourite scene of all last season.

> Yeah I knew that, but why did he want John to go to Oz (then the
> island) unless Widmore knew he was going to 'overthrow' Ben and
> banish him from the island.

I'm guessing it was their way of finding the island, or at least getting a rough idea of where it was.

> Wouldn't put it past them although, with the current episode
> style, I can't see how they would do it. I can see how they would
> explain Rosseou, the four-toyed statue and Benry but that, I
> don't know.

The whole statue thing has gone very quiet but i'm expecting that to be explained quite soon. I am of course also waiting for the return of smokey.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.