GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Zelda then..prepare for disappointment!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Tue 16/08/05 at 09:32
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Zelda Delayed to Next Year
Twilight Princess development team requests extra time to make it a better game.

August 16, 2005 - Nintendo announced this morning that its anticipated new adventure game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has been delayed. The title, formerly scheduled to debut this November around the world, has since been postponed to 2006 so that the developer can continue to make the game better.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."
Twilight Princess, developed by Nintendo and directed by Majora's Mask overseer Eiji Aonuma, was previously set to be the company's big holiday game. In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch. The delay leaves Nintendo without a major holiday release on GameCube.

In the epic adventure, a 17-year-old Link travels across a gritty, realistic world and is able to move into an alternate dark land called the Twilight Realm, where he transforms into a wolf. Twilight Princess won a number of considerations by critics when it was presented in playable form at the Electronics Entertainment Expo. However, even then, members of the development team hinted in interviews that they would have to work overtime in order to meet a holiday release.

Source ign
Wed 17/08/05 at 12:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ganondorf Dragmire
Wed 17/08/05 at 14:13
"The Will of D."
I was hoping for a huge city crowd and now my prayers have been answered, thank you Nintendo.
Wed 17/08/05 at 14:28
Regular
SNOW!!
Wed 17/08/05 at 14:30
Regular
[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/screenshot.php?gid=zelda2&nr=44[/URL]

That looks a lot like the entrance to Hyrule in OoT (I think).

Weird.
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"The definitive tag"
munn wrote:
> [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/screenshot.php?gid=zelda2&nr=44[/URL]
>
> That looks a lot like the entrance to Hyrule in OoT (I think).
>
> Weird.

Weird, but hugely encouraging. Any similarities to Ocarina can only be good.
Wed 17/08/05 at 20:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> SNOW!!

Yeh, and Link seems to be wolf-like yet not in the dark world? Eh? What's going on there then?
Wed 17/08/05 at 20:40
Regular
"Mozzy"
Even though I haven't got a Cube and wasn't waiting for this game, Nintendo have annoyed me. Next year is too late, the Xbox 360 will be the main attraction at that time.

Does anyone know how long they've been developing the game for now?
Wed 17/08/05 at 20:49
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Mozzy wrote:
> Even though I haven't got a Cube and wasn't waiting for this game,
> Nintendo have annoyed me. Next year is too late, the Xbox 360 will be
> the main attraction at that time.

I think most will hang on to their Cubes for The Twilight Princess, no matter how big of a hit the 360 turns out to be.
Wed 17/08/05 at 21:05
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
munn wrote:
> [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/screenshot.php?gid=zelda2&nr=44[/URL]
>
> That looks a lot like the entrance to Hyrule in OoT (I think).
>
> Weird.

Yeah, but where's the drawbridge? And why's there more town in the background?

All this and more to be uncovered next week.
Wed 17/08/05 at 23:52
Regular
Aiiiiie!

I've been avoiding all Zelda related news/screenshots (already wish I'd missed the Wolf details) but those ones were fantastic. Lets up those numerous people have actual character rather than just standing in the same place 24/7...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.