GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Zelda then..prepare for disappointment!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Tue 16/08/05 at 09:32
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Zelda Delayed to Next Year
Twilight Princess development team requests extra time to make it a better game.

August 16, 2005 - Nintendo announced this morning that its anticipated new adventure game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has been delayed. The title, formerly scheduled to debut this November around the world, has since been postponed to 2006 so that the developer can continue to make the game better.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."
Twilight Princess, developed by Nintendo and directed by Majora's Mask overseer Eiji Aonuma, was previously set to be the company's big holiday game. In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch. The delay leaves Nintendo without a major holiday release on GameCube.

In the epic adventure, a 17-year-old Link travels across a gritty, realistic world and is able to move into an alternate dark land called the Twilight Realm, where he transforms into a wolf. Twilight Princess won a number of considerations by critics when it was presented in playable form at the Electronics Entertainment Expo. However, even then, members of the development team hinted in interviews that they would have to work overtime in order to meet a holiday release.

Source ign
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:20
Regular
It's better that they spend time making it better and delay it a while. A bad Legend of Zelda game would be the worst thing ever.
Tue 16/08/05 at 17:35
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well wasn't expecting it till the end of the year... and wasn't even holding out for that either tbh. Add the fact I've got a million other games I ain't played yet, and I'm not overly fussed when it comes out.

I'm glad they're delaying it if it's going to be better. Wind Waker was just incomplete and has knocked my faith in the series. If this is much more complete ala, Ocarina of Time, and is THE best thing ever. Then I am totally commited to waiting!

:)
Tue 16/08/05 at 19:27
Regular
I can see this one doing another Dinosaur Planet.

Only hopefully without the Starfox thing, and ideally not being completely crap.

It's soo quiet. Maybe ninty should plug the good old titles that didn't do so well. A decent budget line up for people who can't afford a 360.

Pikmins, ED, Mario + Kart, Resi 0,1,4, Windwaker, 4 Swords, some of the Mario Parties, Twin Snakes, pump out some more Skies. And all the other ones.

It's got to be better than nothing. Which is what they have without Zelda.
Tue 16/08/05 at 19:30
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
It's definatly going to be closer to Ocarina than Wind Waker.

That's a very good thing.
Tue 16/08/05 at 20:23
Regular
There's too much doubt in this thread.

Zelda is always fantastic, even when you think it won't be due to 'crappy kiddy graphics' ;)
Tue 16/08/05 at 21:56
Regular
I think I know why it's been delayed.

[URL]http://imdb.com/title/tt0441877/[/URL]

It's to add the new all star cast featuring uh...

50 Cent as 'Epona' and
Regie Fils-Aime as 'The Man'

Nice work, imdB.
Tue 16/08/05 at 21:59
Regular
That better be a f***ing joke

I might have just lost any respect I ever had for Nintendo.
Tue 16/08/05 at 22:21
Regular
"Remember me?"
Auf Deutsch wrote:
> [URL]http://imdb.com/title/tt0441877/[/URL]

Ha! Richard Simmons as Tingle! That'd work so well, it's scary.
Tue 16/08/05 at 23:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> That better be a f***ing joke

Course it is, it was put up there today in the wake of Nintendo's little announcement.

Have you seen the new screenshots up at Cube-Europe? [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=8117[/URL] Those crowd scenes look awesome..
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:18
Regular
That water looks sexual....in a kind of...watery way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.