GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Zelda then..prepare for disappointment!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Tue 16/08/05 at 09:32
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Zelda Delayed to Next Year
Twilight Princess development team requests extra time to make it a better game.

August 16, 2005 - Nintendo announced this morning that its anticipated new adventure game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has been delayed. The title, formerly scheduled to debut this November around the world, has since been postponed to 2006 so that the developer can continue to make the game better.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."
Twilight Princess, developed by Nintendo and directed by Majora's Mask overseer Eiji Aonuma, was previously set to be the company's big holiday game. In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch. The delay leaves Nintendo without a major holiday release on GameCube.

In the epic adventure, a 17-year-old Link travels across a gritty, realistic world and is able to move into an alternate dark land called the Twilight Realm, where he transforms into a wolf. Twilight Princess won a number of considerations by critics when it was presented in playable form at the Electronics Entertainment Expo. However, even then, members of the development team hinted in interviews that they would have to work overtime in order to meet a holiday release.

Source ign
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well, there is still Spartan: Total Warrior, Batallion Wars, Fire Emblem and Geist to come at some point, but nothing that's really going to put off the Xbox 360. Zelda will just be a final glorious moment, and then the Cube really will be dead :*(
Tue 16/08/05 at 12:13
Regular
"it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."

Why would it mean more people would buy it? Surely pretty much the only people who are interested in Zelda are people who are always interested in Zelda.
Tue 16/08/05 at 13:07
Regular
"0228"
I hate Nintendo. I hope they fall down a well.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:12
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
If they'd have done this with Wind Waker, those extra dungeons would have been included.

I'm grateful that Nintendo are taking more time with the game. Let em have as long as they want, then it'd be even better. (Not til 2010, obviously).

If it does push the revolution back even further, then no worries. Sure, we'll have to wait longer, but there's plenty of decent games out on the cube to keep us Ninty fans occupied.

It's a good thing I changed my GAD claim to Killer 7 though...
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:33
Regular
"bot"
J Nash wrote:
> "it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million
> seller."
>
> Why would it mean more people would buy it? Surely pretty much the
> only people who are interested in Zelda are people who are always
> interested in Zelda.

and in 2006 people will be too busy with their PS3/Xbox360 to give a crap about the Gamecube. No-one cares now, never mind then.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I guess all this means is that, instead of selling their cubes, people will just sell the games and keep the console until April so they can play Zelda.

It is annoying, though, and will probably hurt the games sales, but I'd prefer it to have much more content. Wind Waker and a lot of Nintendo's recent games have suffered due to being too short, so an epic game would be welcome, even if it does mean we have to wait for an age.

But I predict that there will be 0 releases for cube between January and April. *sigh*
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:41
Regular
"0228"
Don't be silly gerrid. Nintendo will manage to push out Mario Party 245425 to keep us busy.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
This time with yukka plant peripheral.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:55
Regular
What Munn and Gerrid said.
Notice how all these complaints have been what it does to Nintendo's marketing strategy? I'd rather wait for a better game.
Tue 16/08/05 at 14:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Obviously we'd all prefer to have the best possible Zelda as soon as possible, but I'd rather wait and get a better game than get it earlier and be disappointed.

As long as they do actually release it and don't hold it back for Revolution or something, then that's ok with me, just a bit annoying.

I'll have PC games to keep me happy anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.