GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Zelda then..prepare for disappointment!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Tue 16/08/05 at 09:32
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Zelda Delayed to Next Year
Twilight Princess development team requests extra time to make it a better game.

August 16, 2005 - Nintendo announced this morning that its anticipated new adventure game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has been delayed. The title, formerly scheduled to debut this November around the world, has since been postponed to 2006 so that the developer can continue to make the game better.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."
Twilight Princess, developed by Nintendo and directed by Majora's Mask overseer Eiji Aonuma, was previously set to be the company's big holiday game. In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch. The delay leaves Nintendo without a major holiday release on GameCube.

In the epic adventure, a 17-year-old Link travels across a gritty, realistic world and is able to move into an alternate dark land called the Twilight Realm, where he transforms into a wolf. Twilight Princess won a number of considerations by critics when it was presented in playable form at the Electronics Entertainment Expo. However, even then, members of the development team hinted in interviews that they would have to work overtime in order to meet a holiday release.

Source ign
Tue 16/08/05 at 09:32
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Zelda Delayed to Next Year
Twilight Princess development team requests extra time to make it a better game.

August 16, 2005 - Nintendo announced this morning that its anticipated new adventure game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has been delayed. The title, formerly scheduled to debut this November around the world, has since been postponed to 2006 so that the developer can continue to make the game better.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."
Twilight Princess, developed by Nintendo and directed by Majora's Mask overseer Eiji Aonuma, was previously set to be the company's big holiday game. In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch. The delay leaves Nintendo without a major holiday release on GameCube.

In the epic adventure, a 17-year-old Link travels across a gritty, realistic world and is able to move into an alternate dark land called the Twilight Realm, where he transforms into a wolf. Twilight Princess won a number of considerations by critics when it was presented in playable form at the Electronics Entertainment Expo. However, even then, members of the development team hinted in interviews that they would have to work overtime in order to meet a holiday release.

Source ign
Tue 16/08/05 at 10:31
Regular
I don't really mind to be honest, as long as they are making it better. My big concern is when the Revolution is coming out. Does this mean no Spring release for Rev?
Tue 16/08/05 at 10:35
Regular
I pity anyone who didn't see this coming.
Tue 16/08/05 at 10:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Bullett wrote:
> I pity anyone who didn't see this coming.

Well after the date was made official for a world-wide release this November I was pretty sure it wouldn't slip. I'm annoyed.

"Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31)."

So no worldwide release until at least April then. Great. There goes the one title I might have bought for Cube this year.

"While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."

Not when Nintendo release the game for a console no one's interested in anymore.
Tue 16/08/05 at 10:55
Regular
Is anything actually planned for Cube this Xmas, then?
Tue 16/08/05 at 10:58
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Pokemon XD. Woo.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:17
Regular
Revolution will play gamecube discs wont it? maybe it will have revolution exclusive features. Or, Revolution will be pushed back because of it.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:33
Regular
Even after the 'official' date confirmation, it seemed too good to be true - November is only around the corner after all.

So, they expect the market will keep hold of their cubes while everyone else is bashing away on their 360 and PS3 controllers?
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:52
Regular
That's the best disappointment I could have hoped for.

I thought you were going to tell me that the press had played shorter versions and said it was absolute balls.
A delay means that won't (shouldn't) happen.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:58
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I didn't think the November release date would stick. I've come to expect dates of the more popular and well known games to slip back a bit. At least they're taking the time to make sure it's going to be a fantastic game, I'm not really bothered about waiting if the finished product is going to be much better than if it had been released in November.

I'm a bit worried for the Gamecube now though. The Twilight Princess was the only thing that was really going to get it through the holiday period comfortably. I know Nintendo aren't going to struggle, the DS is kicking ass, but what are the Gamecube sales going to be like? Rubbish I'd imagine, nothing new there though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.