GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tell me some funny stories, please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/11/00 at 20:38
Regular
I want to hear all of your funny gaming stories, whether they are hilariously funny, or just moderately amusing, i want to hear them. Have you had an unfortunate power-cut problem (snigger)? Have you accidentally dropped your PS2 down some stairs (kkknkkn)? Ever been sick in the toilet of a well known gaming industry party (you know who you are Ben). Get writing all of you, or you are all banned. Joking.
Tue 28/11/00 at 21:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Is cashbox a newbie.

Is he just after the Gameaday, and will he stay if he wins it?

Why don't a few of you ask him?

He was last seen in the Nintendo forum.

Maybe we should POP the rules to the TOP
Tue 28/11/00 at 21:08
Regular
That reminds me of something I did absoulutly ages ago...

The Pentium 200 was king. NOTHING was faster.

Could I afford it. God no. I wanted a P166, anyway. That's all the power I'll ever need. : )

I went to a computer shop in a large city in Wales. I was, about, 11? Something like that.

Anyway, I had no idea how to put PC's together, so I was building knowledge at around that time. The only thing I wasn't sure of, was how to put the processor in the motherboard.

"Fair enough" Said the far too helpful assistant in the games shop, peering over my stack of hardware.

Well it wasn't exactly that high, but it sounds better.

One motherboard, and two 16MB chips. Not that high at all, really.

Anyway, the bloke turned back to me, after looking at the back shelf, and told me there were no processors left. All sold out.

So, as God enjoys playing with my life, He decided to send a lorry full of chips to park outside the computer shop at that very moment. Ah, so I could be shown how to do it. Very worried, I was, at buggering it up, and killing my motherboard.

So, he brought in his box of processors, started putting them on the back shelf, and got out a P166 to show me how to put it in.

Note to all who don't follow processor prices. The price of a P166 around then was about £200.

He put in the processor, pretty simple, just push down the lever.

So I tried it...

And it worked, pretty easy.

The phone rang. He picked it up, and started packing away my motherboard into the packaging. I happily paid for the motherboard, and the memory.

About five minutes later, I realised what was wrong.

He had left the £200 processor inside the motherboard.

It took me four years to work up the courage to walk back in the shop. I really expected wanted signs to be posted all over the shop.
Tue 28/11/00 at 21:07
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
a) he's not here
b) if he was he would not be near me
c) what would be the point
Tue 28/11/00 at 20:59
Regular
Ali's quite near you (10 steps back, turn right, move forward 5 steps). Why not tell him it for real?
Tue 28/11/00 at 20:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
My four year old son jammed a pretend plastic CD (one of those things with little spikes which pays tunes in a kiddies toy CD player) into my seven stack CD autochanger on my Hi Fi at home. Not just a little way in, right into all the electrical gubbins inside the thing.

No - I didn't think it was very funny either.
Tue 28/11/00 at 20:52
I once got a penny stuck in the cartidge slot of my N64, I was not best pleased at the time, but managed to see the funny side of it when the shop sent it back, (yes i had to send it to a shop,) and it had an f-zero X game in it, snigger, they rang up later asking if i'd seen it. had I? 'nope, dont know what your talking about' I sold it on considering my previous ownership of the game.
Tue 28/11/00 at 20:51
Regular
I sold a megadrive game to someone for a tenner about a month ago.

BRWAAA ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Silly fool.

: )
Tue 28/11/00 at 20:38
I want to hear all of your funny gaming stories, whether they are hilariously funny, or just moderately amusing, i want to hear them. Have you had an unfortunate power-cut problem (snigger)? Have you accidentally dropped your PS2 down some stairs (kkknkkn)? Ever been sick in the toilet of a well known gaming industry party (you know who you are Ben). Get writing all of you, or you are all banned. Joking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.