GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tell me some funny stories, please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/11/00 at 20:38
Regular
I want to hear all of your funny gaming stories, whether they are hilariously funny, or just moderately amusing, i want to hear them. Have you had an unfortunate power-cut problem (snigger)? Have you accidentally dropped your PS2 down some stairs (kkknkkn)? Ever been sick in the toilet of a well known gaming industry party (you know who you are Ben). Get writing all of you, or you are all banned. Joking.
Thu 30/11/00 at 11:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I once got a 240V electric shock when fixing my spectrum plug whilst it was still plugged in......but that wasn't funny!
Wed 29/11/00 at 17:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It's 'sarcasm'. See? The internet IS good for you.
Wed 29/11/00 at 17:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I feel a slight bit of sarcasum! ( think thats how you spell it)
Wed 29/11/00 at 17:02
I get everything for FREE, they deliver truckloads of stuff to my door every morning.
Wed 29/11/00 at 16:51
Regular
Do you have a discount, buying from your own company, or do you have to pay the whole price?
Wed 29/11/00 at 16:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I had just bought Ultimate Soccer manager 98, and while doing quite poor i picked myself up, and after I had just beaten Celtic and Rangers (as ABERDEEN) there was the only power cut i have been in took place and I lost the start of that new season because i had not saved.

I was very VERY annoyed since i started again and got sacked!
Wed 29/11/00 at 16:47
Ooh ooh, i've got another one. I remember buying Premier Manager 98 a few years back and getting really engrossed in it. After about 7 hours non-stop managing I finally decided to save my game only to be horrified that the game took up 15 blocks on a memory card and i had none spare. Luckily, i had to go to work and I worked somewhere that you could buy memory cards. I left the machine on and went to do my 2 hour shift, bought a memory card and came back only to find my whole street engulfed in darkness due to a power cut.

Needless to say, the PM 98 disc never recovered from being thrown across the room.
Wed 29/11/00 at 16:10
Regular
At least it wasn't 3 broken arms....how did you break your arms playing ISS? Well, someone has to ask, don't they?
Wed 29/11/00 at 16:04
I was once playing on ISS98 with one of my mates when we got a little over excited and I ended up with 2 broken arms.
Another time I spilled yoghurt inside my playstation and ( while the power was still on ) tried to get it out. nasty electrocution there.
Wed 29/11/00 at 15:19
Regular
Then there was also the time she was going to send her first email but wanted to go out first to get some stamps....

True. I swear it on my PSX collection.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.