GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tell me some funny stories, please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/11/00 at 20:38
Regular
I want to hear all of your funny gaming stories, whether they are hilariously funny, or just moderately amusing, i want to hear them. Have you had an unfortunate power-cut problem (snigger)? Have you accidentally dropped your PS2 down some stairs (kkknkkn)? Ever been sick in the toilet of a well known gaming industry party (you know who you are Ben). Get writing all of you, or you are all banned. Joking.
Thu 30/11/00 at 22:48
Heres a more explosive one(but old)- I was playing my Sinclair ZX Spectrum one day when I was a kid when the screen suddenly cut out. I wondered what was going on when I saw smoke seeping from the AC adapter. As soon as I noticed that, my entire computer burst into flames. Me and my dad managed to turn off the power and then had to put the dmn thing out before it incinerated the front room. When we got it away to our horror there was a massive burn on the living room carpet, the computer had managed to set the living room carpet on fire. Obviously, I never managed to play my first computer again!
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:35
"High polygon count"
> I was supposed to post this with a quote from the wookiee-monster!
> (The one about the tats)

Cuh, I dunno - you'd think you'd know how to use these forums by now! :-)
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:00
Regular
One of the funniest things in games was in the frisbee level in the nes version of Calafornia Games.

You see, you had to throw the frisbee as far as you could, AND you had to catch it by controlling a rather plump woman.

And the plump woman could run like the wind, and dive like [footballer on team you don't like].

You would throw the frisbee as hard as you could, and then the woman would run in. She would then spin around, as you had run too fast, and dive towards the frisbee.

If you have the game, play it to see what I mean. If you don't, look for a nes emulator and get it. It had me in hysterics for ages.

I think it's just plump people in general, running like the wind, that makes me laugh... Look at the bloke in Goldeneye...
Thu 30/11/00 at 15:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
One Christmas I had gone looking for presents around my parents bedroom to see what I got. I found a Game Gear and was over the moon about it. I went around telling everyone I knew that I had a Game Gear and they were all quite impressed. I was so excited come Christmas morning I had already started thinking about a list of games I wanted for it. To my disapointment it ended up being a present for my sister, I got a bike instead. That was one of my more upsetting memories cause I had actually asked for it - but to this day I still believe it was for me. My parents knew that I had been looking at for presents and probably decided to give it to my sister to spite me!!
Thu 30/11/00 at 15:45
Regular
"Whatever!"
Another time was when I had my Amiga 500+. I spent every minute I could on it and really got into the paint programmes. Use to do quite a bit of animation and could spend anything from an hour to about twelve just messing around.
One evening, I had spent most the day drawing so I was trying to put it all together, I brought up a coffee to try and keep awake. I sat down and put the mug on the desk and leant back to stretch. As I was doing so I knocked the front of the desk, the mug fell down shattered on the floor and spilt coffee all over my Amiga adaptor. Suprisingly though nothing happened straight away, it took a few days for it to burn out and once it did I had to fork out £30 on a new one. Not very funny as I was skint for the next month.
Thu 30/11/00 at 15:44
Regular
"not dead"
bjlangley wrote:
> Never mind, I don't suppose anyone can see it under all of the hair!

Doh!

I was supposed to post this with a quote from the wookiee-monster! (The one about the tats)
Thu 30/11/00 at 15:43
Regular
"not dead"
Never mind, I don't suppose anyone can see it under all of the hair!
Thu 30/11/00 at 15:34
Regular
"Whatever!"
I remember when we had our first ever computer - the trusty Amstrad CPC 464. We had tons of games for it which all took at least 10-15 minutes to load. We had it for a good three/four years and probably got through about ten joysticks per year.
Anyway we had a game called International Athletics, it was similar to Track and Field where you have to press the buttons rapidly or waggle the joystick as fast as you can. One time me and a mate were having a competition to see who can record the best time. Half way through the 100m dash I was shaking the joystick so hard it kind of fell to pieces. First the stick bit came off, followed by the buttons, then the base, and all that was left of it was half the bottom part with the suction pads still stuck to the desk. Needless to say the race ended in disaster, I must have clocked up a time of a couple of minutes instead of under 10 seconds!!
Thu 30/11/00 at 12:00
Regular
"not dead"
Here's on old one.

I was playing Raiders of the Lost Ark on the Atari2600 when I was just a wee lad. The game involved taking unidentifiable objects to various rooms to try to get further into the game. Anyway I finally got the right combination of objects and the sundial was at the correct time, so I was about to be shown the location on the map that I needed to go to next! I was so excited. I called my slighter older brother in to see this moment.

The problem was, when he came in, I turned around, and moved the joystick, so I fell off the ledge. Loosing my last life.

I never got past that bit.
Thu 30/11/00 at 11:30
"High polygon count"
I had the Commodore 'C=' symbol and Amiga logo tattooed on my right arm...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.