GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2008 Formula 1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/08 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is a place where I basically say what I want about the Formula 1 season.

My (ultra long) preview to the new season has been posted.

Formula 1.com Launches Page

Click Here

Ferrari

New Car

McLaren

New Car

Toyota

New Car

BMW

New Car

Red Bull

New Car

Williams

New Car

Renault

New Car

Honda

New Car

Force India

New Car

Toro Rosso are only releasing a revision of their 2007 car with the new chassis coming after a few races.
Sat 15/03/08 at 16:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
If it remains this close, we could be in for some season. The midfield really looks congested and BMW have found something from somewhere.

Let's hope it's a close race.
Sat 15/03/08 at 20:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It could well be. I was quite surprised by RBR's pace as well, methinks Webber would have been way up there too were it not for his spin...
Sat 15/03/08 at 20:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, yeah, although it wasn't a spin. It looked like his front right brake blew up. Some kind of brake failure as there was a big puff of brake dust.
Sun 16/03/08 at 14:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hahaha, if you watched the live show, the Coulthard interview was hilarious. Apparently, it appeared on Youtube and was then pulled by F1 management.

As for the race, it was a crazy race. Raikkonen and Ferrari seemed half asleep at times, Ferrari with their strategy and Raikkonen with some crazy errors.

McLaren were trouble free with Hamilton easily the best and Kovalainen should have been 2nd if it wasn't for the safety car.

I'm gutted for Bourdais. He drove a great race only for his engine to give up. Barrichello really should have stopped at the red light at the end of the pitlane because he should have known that the light was going to be red. No points for him as it is a black flag offence, Montoya suffered a similar fate a couple of years back.

Rosberg didn't look well in the press conference and the other drivers kept looking in his direction when they were talking.

I'm still not sure how Vettel ended up out. He should have been nowhere near the accident at the back.
Sun 16/03/08 at 20:17
Regular
Well, if anyone predicted that top 3 earlier in the week they'd have to be lying. BMW have come from nowhere and Torro Rosso are ridiculously quick, given 2 years ago they were Minardi. Glad Rosberg got a podium - hopefully this marks a definite upturn for Williams this season. Although with Ferrari making silly mistakes and very high attrition it was the day for the lower teams to make their mark.

What did DC say? I recorded the live race and watched it once I was up, but it was a bit jerky (think it's the wind around here) and it skipped most of the interview. The sound came back for Allen to apologise, but I missed it :-)
Sun 16/03/08 at 20:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The gist of it is, Coulthard said he would take responsibility for an accident and he would expect Massa to do the same and if he doesn't, he'd kick 3 colours of (swear) out of the little (b swear).

EDIT: I had a look on Youtube last night and there was another video of it up there. Rush there to view it as it may not survive, although I have got myself a copy of it now.
Tue 18/03/08 at 14:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Toro Rosso up for sale as the boss has said that customer cars will no longer be allowed in any form by 2010 and they can't really afford 2 seperate teams under that arrangement. He said he will not sell during the 2008 season and will only sell when he knows the team will be safe but it will definitely be before 2010.
Sat 22/03/08 at 14:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Interesting practice and qualifying sessions. Red Bull have to be careful that their suspension is good enough. The Ferrari seems to have at least 2 tenths advantage and with the McLaren 5 place drop for blocking, rain really is the only way McLaren can hope for a win.

The race will be about when/if it rains and who handles that situation the best.
Sun 23/03/08 at 16:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Not surprised to see Ferrari walk it although Massa's retirement was curious as that corner is pretty much an acceleration zone. McLaren will also be pretty pleased that they had 2 laps more fuel and was only half a second slower in qualifying 3.

It does seem that BMW has some pace and could be right on the heels on the front 2 teams if they make a significant step forward.

Bahrain should be a Ferrari track again but you never know. Points have been spread around in the first 2 races and they could continue to be spread around as it's so difficult to see one team make 7th and 8th their own.
Tue 25/03/08 at 14:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Silly season seems to be all year round now. Vettel linked with Ferrari and now Alonso hasn't denied a link to Ferrari.

I remember when Alonso was a quiet driver who got on with winning. How success has changed him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.