GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2008 Formula 1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/08 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is a place where I basically say what I want about the Formula 1 season.

My (ultra long) preview to the new season has been posted.

Formula 1.com Launches Page

Click Here

Ferrari

New Car

McLaren

New Car

Toyota

New Car

BMW

New Car

Red Bull

New Car

Williams

New Car

Renault

New Car

Honda

New Car

Force India

New Car

Toro Rosso are only releasing a revision of their 2007 car with the new chassis coming after a few races.
Mon 31/03/08 at 21:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
And now, it becomes disturbing season...

If it's true, then it's definitely step-down material.

I would add, though, that the opening paragraph describes Oswald Mosley as a "wartime" leader of the BUF... when of course in the Second World War, the movement was banned and many members interred!
Tue 01/04/08 at 14:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It certainly is disturbing. It would seem that he is going to resist pressure to resign. I think he'll have to resign sooner rather than later as you can have no respect for a person in authority after an incident like this.
Wed 02/04/08 at 21:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
No way back, even if the allegations are untrue (He says exaggerated, methinks), as it's simply horrific.

But Bahrain awaits. Williams say they'll be nearer the front this weekend, but what I want to see is whether Ferrari or McLaren will have the edge.
Wed 02/04/08 at 22:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'll be surprised if much has changed in the time between Malaysia and Bahrain. Most will wait for the Spanish Grand Prix but you never know. I would think Ferrari would have an advantage but it does seem that the Ferrari is better in the race then it is in qualifying.
Sat 05/04/08 at 13:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You would think that Kubica is fairly light and that Massa, with a potential penalty hanging over his head, is fairly heavy. The McLaren's seem poor in the first sector, which is the slow, high traction zone. The McLaren's have been hard on their rear tyres so they might struggle for grip late in stints.

The Ferrari's, particularly Massa, should be walking the race as they seem to have at least half a second in hand.
Sun 06/04/08 at 14:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
McLaren have a bit of head scratching to do. They looked severely compromised in the traction areas and Hamilton sounded like he had gearbox issues in that troublesome first sector or at least poor acceleration.

Ferrari were particularly dominant and were the best car. BMW continues to surprise me with decent pace and with another tenth or two of pace, they could be a genuine threat for the rest of the year.

I would love to see the telemetry of Alonso's car. With the McLaren's poor traction, Alonso really should not have been that slow.

The field will probably shift around in Spain as most will have new parts and some will work and some won't. We'll have to wait and see.
Tue 08/04/08 at 13:32
Regular
According to ITV F1.com they've seen the telemetry from Alonsos car and he accelerated as normal. Nothing to see here.

I'd have been suprised if had tried anything as he could have been taken out of the race also, it's suprising he managed to finish to be honest.
Tue 08/04/08 at 14:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Still, I like telemetry and would like a look. :)

The general consensus is that a bridge piece on Hamilton's wing broke causing a burst of acceleration. It certainly is feasible as I've seen it happen before.
Thu 10/04/08 at 14:22
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
...And now Niki Lauda's criticised Hamilton for not doing quite as well this year. Methinks the pressure's starting to show?

But let's see how Spain goes. McLaren have some aero upgrades ready, could be quite close between the top 3 teams. Shame it's such a bit of a wait though.

Also, much surprise here that the FIA are taking so long waiting to decide Moseley's future. Are they waiting for more about this to come out, or dithering a little? Seems a bit odd consdiering how serious a case this is.

And well done for ITV broadcasting races online. I can now watch F1 in my TV-less uni room!
Thu 10/04/08 at 16:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't actually see Lauda's point. Hamilton won easily in Australia, the pit stop screwed any chances of a podium finish in Malaysia and despite a poor start in Bahrain, it was a front wing failure that ultimately ended his chance of points.

Binning the car in practice is nothing to be alarmed about. Michael Schumacher used to do it a lot to find the limit. The only sign that the pressure may be telling is the gesture to Fisichella when they were fighting for position in Bahrain.

The McLaren has not been the best car and with poor rear traction compared to the Ferrari and BMW, it is something that needs to be addressed quickly or they will find themselves even further back when they come to tracks that require good traction out of slow corners.

These FIA meetings have always been stupid amounts of time after the event. I think it has to be moved forward but I'm guessing Mosley hopes the pressure will be less by early June. If the meeting and vote gets moved forward, Mosley is certain to be gone in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.