GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2008 Formula 1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/08 at 15:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is a place where I basically say what I want about the Formula 1 season.

My (ultra long) preview to the new season has been posted.

Formula 1.com Launches Page

Click Here

Ferrari

New Car

McLaren

New Car

Toyota

New Car

BMW

New Car

Red Bull

New Car

Williams

New Car

Renault

New Car

Honda

New Car

Force India

New Car

Toro Rosso are only releasing a revision of their 2007 car with the new chassis coming after a few races.
Tue 22/01/08 at 17:26
Regular
This year could be very entertaining, if Ferrari haven't made major strides forward over the winter, I think we'll see them being challenge by the likes of McLaren, BMW, and hopefully Renault, RBR & Williams.

Brawns influence will show some improvement at Honda, and hopefully they'll be up at the front by the end of this season. I can't see them challening the top 4 or 5 from the off though.
Fri 15/02/08 at 19:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Super Aguri have delayed the launch of their new car and I really hope we see them on the grid because I hate seeing teams fold. In an ideal world, I'd like to see as many cars as possible race.
Sat 16/02/08 at 11:20
Regular
"Soul Calibur RULES!"
Less that a month to go until the first Grand Prix, I really hope Honda have sorted their car out for this year, I want to see Jenson Button do well.

Ooohh Exciting...
Tue 19/02/08 at 14:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Testing delays for Super Aguri now, and still no word about the driver lineup, with contracts still apparently being discussed. I wonder whether there are doubts about Honda's commitment as well as funding now... are we heading for another Arrows-style demise here?
Tue 19/02/08 at 20:49
Regular
They probably don't want last years Honda car, that's all it is.
Fri 22/02/08 at 17:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's a bit more serious. Super Aguri have had to cancel tests to save money and are currently pleading with Honda to help them out. If they don't, it'll come down to the offers they've had, which may see a new team name or a massive change.

Worse case scenario, no Super Aguri.
Mon 25/02/08 at 12:05
"possibly impossible"
Ferrari look to have all the pace again. McLaren seem to still be suffering a bit from their fines and maybe having to tinker with the cars at the last minute, but they may well still have the pace.

At the moment, I'm worried that no-one else would be able to keep up with them. Renault don't seem to have it, even with Alsono at the wheel, Honda will do far better this season, but not really anywhere near the front, Williams and BMW might be better suited to challenge though.

Hopefully things will pick up and in three weeks we'll start to see some challenges to the status quo, we need some real races to start off the season.

I'm looking forward to Australia. Whether I get to watch it as it happens this year is another question, though!
Tue 26/02/08 at 08:44
"possibly impossible"
I take it back!

Despite Schumacher coming back to test again for Ferarri in Barcelona yesterday, Lewis Hamilton managed a 1:22:276 against Schumacher's 1:22:428.
Tue 26/02/08 at 11:31
Regular
Damp through drying conditions though, difficult to tell if McLaren really are in better shape than Ferrari. It'll certainly be those two at the front though.

I think the suprise of the season will be Williams. They seem to have been top 6 consistently through testing and will push BMW for third best team. BMW don't seem to be clear in that position, unlike last year. Red Bull will be with Renault - fighting for the scrag ends of the points.

Biggest disappointment will be Honda, certainly for the first part of the season.
Wed 27/02/08 at 13:36
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Really looks like another disappointing year for Honda, it'll take time for some change, if any, to come about from their restructuring.

I think Force India may even be a bit surprising; they're certainly performing better than Spyker did. But I'm definitely agreeing about Williams, but I guess we'll have to wait until racing starts to really see who's where. Not sure where Nakajima's inexperience will land him, although he does seem to have much potential.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.