GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/04/00 at 01:46
Regular
OK OK.... don't know if yo have noticed it but the PSX is one of the worst computers for build quality.

It may clearly be the BEST EVER for quality of games, but there is no point in all the games if the thing don't work.

From day 1 Sony have had to make constant changes to there little bundle of joy.

EVERY ONE i know with a playstation has had a least one problem with it. The common one being a piece of plastice flying off the middle.

By PSX does all of this, over heat, crash, bits of plastic braking off, works slow, can't read CD probley, etc. But the worst thing is i have NEVER cause any damage to the playstation or CDs. The only reason for these problems is cheap components.

Oh and guess what... I phoned up sony and they wanted £40 and my working (just) playstation for a recondintioned one, CHEEK, i could by a brand new one for £70 in specail reserve.

ANY WAY...all i really want is for sony to use better quality parts in the PSX2 'cause i am tired with th PSX being so cheap....

AND TO THE DELEVOPERS, good work keep it up y'all
Page:
Tue 23/05/00 at 22:01
you have great tallent for writeing reviews do not give it up you will be the one winning a game a day.
Tue 23/05/00 at 08:43
This is a very good game with brilliant graphics.
Mon 22/05/00 at 20:14
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
why bother with a ps when you can buy a N64 which will never break down, unless you get a heavy truck to drive over it, or throw it in a river, the carts don't damage unless they're covered in dust for a week, or again are driven over or thrown into a river! ahh yet the ps cd can be thrown around like a frisbee and it won't damage!
My childhood has been wasted as you can see! try not to damage the equipement, treat it well....and it will treat you well!
As you can tell I have had no problems with a playstation, this is beacause I don't own one.....lucky me!
Mon 22/05/00 at 20:07
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I too am not a great ps fan, I have never owned one but I like some of the games on it, tekken 3, gt and gta which I also have on the PC.
Now EDGY if you want to write bad comments about the ps do it on the FUTURE OF GAMING pages, it's not right to argue all the time, the ps has it's good and bad points, 1 being it's slow and it's 2 player ports, these were availiable on the nes! so it hasn't really advanced a whole deal, and is only half of the N64, and even the ps2 will not be able to compete with the dolphin! read my specs comparison on the dolphin pages (future of gaming). I hope the ps2 will be good other wise my mates will be mad with me non-stop for being such a N64 lover!
Mon 22/05/00 at 17:33
The origin of stealth.
Rikimaru and Ayame were orphaned at birth, left in the charge of Lord Gohda. Instructed in the way of the ninja from day one, they have not known any other life. As they matured, so did their abilities, until at last they were called upon to serve their lord. Their master has been betrayed, and the culprits must pay for it in blood.
Tenchu 2: Birth of the Assassins is the prequel to the fantastic Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. Yup, you read correctly, a prequel. All the events in Tenchu 2 occur approximately four years earlier than the original. Think of it like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but with ninjas.

Though the events may have occurred earlier, Tenchu 2 gives you more skills, more weapons, and a brand new engine. Don't worry, however, the innovative blend of patience and action that made the first Tenchu great is still there. Sneak up on your target and slit his throat before he has a chance to call the guards. This time, however, you have to watch out for sound traps hidden in the bushes . . . they know you're coming and they've prepared.

Among your new skills are multiple ways of killing enemies and manipulation of the dead bodies. You can search your fallen foes for weapons, then drag their body out of sight of the guards. Be a good ninja and clean up after yourself.

A neat feature in Tenchu 2 is the unique storylines for both Rikimaru and Ayame. You get to see the story unfold through a different set of eyes. The 12 missions also promise to be varied depending which ninja you choose. On top of that, there's a third, secret character that you can play the game with. He's such a good ninja, he hides from the character selection screen.

There was an amazing debug code for the first Tenchu that gave you the ability to place enemies and objects anywhere, and that may have been the inspiration for the mission editor in Tenchu 2. That's right - you can make your own maps, place enemies, adjust specific AI levels, and save it all to your memory card to trade with friends. This seemingly endless replayability is rarer than a purple-nosed heffalump and a surprising addition to a Playstation game.

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins is one of the best games ever on the Playstation. One of the hardest things to do in the game industry is develop a sequel to an excellent game (*cough* Tomb Raider *cough*). Tenchu 2: Birth of the Assassins, however, looks to break that stereotype by adding new options without losing what made the first game great. Fans of the first game are sure to love the prequel. So practice your ninja skills - you're going to need them all to get through this adventure!
The origin of stealth.
Rikimaru and Ayame were orphaned at birth, left in the charge of Lord Gohda. Instructed in the way of the ninja from day one, they have not known any other life. As they matured, so did their abilities, until at last they were called upon to serve their lord. Their master has been betrayed, and the culprits must pay for it in blood.
Tenchu 2: Birth of the Assassins is the prequel to the fantastic Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. Yup, you read correctly, a prequel. All the events in Tenchu 2 occur approximately four years earlier than the original. Think of it like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but with ninjas.

Though the events may have occurred earlier, Tenchu 2 gives you more skills, more weapons, and a brand new engine. Don't worry, however, the innovative blend of patience and action that made the first Tenchu great is still there. Sneak up on your target and slit his throat before he has a chance to call the guards. This time, however, you have to watch out for sound traps hidden in the bushes . . . they know you're coming and they've prepared.

Among your new skills are multiple ways of killing enemies and manipulation of the dead bodies. You can search your fallen foes for weapons, then drag their body out of sight of the guards. Be a good ninja and clean up after yourself.

A neat feature in Tenchu 2 is the unique storylines for both Rikimaru and Ayame. You get to see the story unfold through a different set of eyes. The 12 missions also promise to be varied depending which ninja you choose. On top of that, there's a third, secret character that you can play the game with. He's such a good ninja, he hides from the character selection screen.

There was an amazing debug code for the first Tenchu that gave you the ability to place enemies and objects anywhere, and that may have been the inspiration for the mission editor in Tenchu 2. That's right - you can make your own maps, place enemies, adjust specific AI levels, and save it all to your memory card to trade with friends. This seemingly endless replayability is rarer than a purple-nosed heffalump and a surprising addition to a Playstation game.

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins is one of the best games ever on the Playstation. One of the hardest things to do in the game industry is develop a sequel to an excellent game (*cough* Tomb Raider *cough*). Tenchu 2: Birth of the Assassins, however, looks to break that stereotype by adding new options without losing what made the first game great. Fans of the first game are sure to love the prequel. So practice your ninja skills - you're going to need them all to get through this adventure!
The origin of stealth.
Tenchu 2: Birth of the Assassins is the prequel to the fantasti¸
Wed 17/05/00 at 18:39
The playstation is the longest running current console. It has lots of great game
developers (square, Konami, etc.), who have managed to turn out great game upon
great game.
If you have only recently bought the playstation, you are in for a treat. All of the
original PS games will be knocked down in price to make way for the Playstation 2.
The playstation is a great all-round performer. The controllers are easy to handle, the
memory card system is easy to use, and it has a good selection of alternative
controllers, steering wheels and light guns.
The machine is capable of producing amazingly rendered graphics, the sound
capabilities are amazing, and the smoothness of some games is incredible.

Unfortunately, the playstation seems to go for qauntity not quality sometimes. You
can see this by looking at the vast range of titles available. Although Sony can be
credited for this, you are likely to find another two almost identicle games to any one
you have. Also, because of the use of CD’s, the playstation can sometimes have long
loading time.

My advice is, if you already have the playstation, good for you, but if not buy the
Dreamcast, playstation 2 or dolphin.
Sun 14/05/00 at 20:23
Yer right you could never type all that out fat boy.
Sun 14/05/00 at 20:23
Year right you could never type all that out fat boy.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.