GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 Done and Dusted"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 21:58
Regular
Bought it first thing this morning and just beat it. Excellent game. :-) Can see this being played as much as the first game. ;-)
Mon 11/03/02 at 15:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Collecting Dogtags earn you items eg Stealth and Bandana.
If you look in the latest games master it tells you the amount you need for each.

I only have one tag, and that is Fat man's.
Mon 11/03/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
What do you get at the end, if you complete it on the very easy mode?

Also does it make a difference if you collect dogtags along the way or not?

I'm not going to start again just to go back and do the collecting bit but just wondered for the next time round.
Mon 11/03/02 at 15:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The_Vottanator wrote:
And I can see FantasyMeister on there. 21 minutes! I think I smell an easy setting here. :-D

Very Easy it was :-)

You can sort the records by ranking by selecting what category (time taken, shots fired, number of kills, number or rations used) etc., by going to Record Viewer and selecting your options from the drop down box. Then pressing 'Update'.
Mon 11/03/02 at 13:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I completed it for the second time last night. Think it was just about hitting 9 hours. I got a bunch of dog tags and camera pics.

Didn't earn anything else at the end though. :-( Oh well, probably start it for the 3rd time later and complete it one more time at least before Wednesday night.
Sun 10/03/02 at 23:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I completed it tonight. 10 hours 30 mins.
Sun 10/03/02 at 12:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its not fair with all these excellent games coming out all at once ! I try to live, but the games industry just won't let me ! DAMN YOU VIDEOGAMES INDUSTRY ! WHY WON'T YOU LET ME LIVE !!!!!
Sun 10/03/02 at 10:25
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I completed it last night as well. Took me 14 hours and 20 minutes on normal mode. And then I played through the tanker on hard mode.

I have just entered my clear code on konamijpn.com and if what I'm actually looking at is a ranking table, then I didn't do half bad considering I show up second.

And I show up first on the Tanker one but I don't know if it is rank order. And I can see FantasyMeister on there. 21 minutes! I think I smell an easy setting here. :-D
Sat 09/03/02 at 23:46
This is my first post in over 4 months, it's been a long time and I suppose it's taken a game like MGS2 to get me back to these forums:-)

I got it yesterday and have completed it just half an hour ago. This game is just amazing we've al been waiting for it for over two years. So to some it would seem that completing it in two days is a waste and a shame after all that waiting. But I dont play games as often as I used to and get bord of them rather quickly. I havent completed most of my games due to this reason. But I really wanted to complete MGS2 and was determined that I would. Once you get into it, it's very hard to put down because of the great storyline - something that other games sadly lack.
I haven't rushed the game, or skipped the cut scenes, just played it alot during these two days :-)

I was gonna write loads, but I'm watching TV at the same time so I forgot most of it.
If you haven't already got this game, then, why not?!?!?!

Pure Class
Sat 09/03/02 at 22:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok, I skipped a meal Rakuga. ;-)) I rarely eat breakfast anyway, just eat a big lunch and dinner with loads of other crap inbetween. ;-))

I would have made the game's story last longer, but I get new games in quite regularly - like X-box this week. I recently went through this patch where I was playing a bit of one game, got into the story, but then went onto another new game. Then I'd eventually of playing the other game again and I'd lose track of what I'm supposed to be doing at that point and at the same time don't want to start again. Don't want to get into that habit again.

So I played it the first time for the story. Now I'm playing it to get things like pictures, dog tags, etc.
So I'm just concentrating on getting the other bits up now.
Sat 09/03/02 at 22:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> savatt1668 wrote:
> Bought it first thing this morning and just beat it.
> Excellent game. :-)
> Can see this being played as much as the first
> game. ;-)

What a sad sad person you are - and what a waste of money for u!
> get a life!!

Funny how some people are so "clever" and brave with a computer screen in front of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.