GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 Done and Dusted"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 21:58
Regular
Bought it first thing this morning and just beat it. Excellent game. :-) Can see this being played as much as the first game. ;-)
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Bought it first thing this morning and just beat it. Excellent game. :-) Can see this being played as much as the first game. ;-)
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
How look did it take you?
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:01
Regular
"360: swfcman"
*stares in dis-belief*

I heard it was short, but not all that short? Have you played this thing all day long or is there a large lastability problem with the game?
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:02
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
And did you watch or skip the video clips?
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
There isn't a PS2 game that hasn't taken me more than 5 days... and that was stretching out Jak and Daxter!

I'd have the game done by Sunday had I not got all this Computing... the project is 40% of this year's modules, and I need to get a crack on with it!

Sonic
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:08
Regular
"You Bum!!"
But why on earth wpuld ypu possibly want to complete a game that quickly?? There is simply no fun in doing that. I want MGS2 to last me as long as possibleand this is why I am only going to play it for a few hours each day. I buy games so that they occupy me for a long duration of time, and I dont want to finish them in 2 days and then never play it again...
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:21
he probaly got it on thursday like me and trip H
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Triple_H wrote:
> But why on earth wpuld ypu possibly want to complete a game that quickly?? There
> is simply no fun in doing that. I want MGS2 to last me as long as possibleand
> this is why I am only going to play it for a few hours each day. I buy games so
> that they occupy me for a long duration of time, and I dont want to finish them
> in 2 days and then never play it again...

DITTO! I'd get bored of it and prob would hardly play it if I finished it that quickly.
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Savatt1668 has his X-Box coming thursday. So like me he would have wanted to complete it pretty quick. I want to get it completed by tuesday night. As wednesday is all day at uni and then thursday is X-box and 4 games.

You may think its stupid trying to complete it in a day or 2, but I wont complete it any quicker than if I only spent 1 hour on it a day. Instead of being on it an hour and having a break. I'll try and play for about 8 or 9 hours in one day. With the X-Box coming on thursday MGS2 will be the last thing on my mind. If I dont complete it soon, it wont be for weeks until I return to it, and by then I would have forgotten what I was doing e.t.c. This happened with Final Fantasy 9 on the PS1. I had got 20 hours through it, then had tons of school work and some PS2 games. So I didnt get round to playing it for weeks and weeks. I then had forgotten where I was and what I was doing. So I have never completed Final Fantasy 9 as I didnt have the time to restart it.
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Triple_H wrote:
> But why on earth wpuld ypu possibly want to complete a game that quickly?? There
> is simply no fun in doing that. I want MGS2 to last me as long as possibleand
> this is why I am only going to play it for a few hours each day. I buy games so
> that they occupy me for a long duration of time, and I dont want to finish them
> in 2 days and then never play it again...

I'm a massive games fan. As a result I want to play all the best games I can. Which means playing through them and then trading them (I have no job... got A levels).

However, you seem to think people like us RUSH the game... not the case. Fact is that games like this are so easy for people who are competent that if I tried to make the game last longer I'd have to make deliberate mistakes!

It's like saying "Let's make this 2 hour film last 10 hours"... you're just gonna get very frustrated!

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.