GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell was Multi-platform from the beginning."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Tue 18/02/03 at 13:28
Regular
Well Well then it appears that Splinter Cell the so called Xbox exclusive was infact a multi platform game from the very beginning and infact the developers actually wanted to make sure they could achieve the same level of detail on the PS2 and GC games otherwise they would have never have started the project.

Infact the PS2 version has extras, that are geared more towards the PS2 user as they demand more and have higher skill level, not my words but the actual developers comments.

Then again I can imagine that it's a hard game for Xbox users because of their poorly designed controllers.
Page:
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:15
"For the horde!!!!"
there is nothing wrong with Mario games there good and if they sell then they won't stop developing them.
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:01
Regular
*yawns*
Fri 21/02/03 at 08:39
Regular
maddmun wrote:

And Mario 3 is officially the worlds top selling game. ANd Nintendo
sold their BILLIONTH game in 1995, how many have been sold now? I'd like to see Sony match that.

Considering Sony had only just launched its PS1 then I hardly think that is a fair comparision. With all that experience how did Nintendo manage to ghet it so wrong with the N64 and GC.

The only reason Nintendo fanboys hark on about Mario is that it is the only thing they have, now that Rare have been bought by MS. If Nintendo really do earn more profits why didn't they buy Rare themselves they owned 49% of the company.

To most people these days a new Mario game is just that YET ANOTHER MARIO GAME yawn yawn then if Ninty fanboy saps keep buying the tripe then they will keep developing them. Mario party 50, Mario Tennis 30, Mario 2052 the list goes on everyone will be an Original quality title though.
Fri 21/02/03 at 08:26
Regular
Mario, Mario, it's all Mario now.

Why?

It's been going for years, through any number of sequels. Why are so many people still in to it?

And lets face it, games have been around a much shorter time on PS1 + PS2, but everyone complains about there being to many sequels. But a game like Mario gets away with it.
Thu 20/02/03 at 23:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Top score probably has generated more replies in all his spamming fanboy topics put together than the WLT has.

:-)
Thu 20/02/03 at 23:06
Regular
Top score wrote:

> Well that is 6 days longer than Mario, let's face it when you play a
> platform they are good first time round however they have no real
> replay value.

Unless it had a multiplayer like conker (played it for months)... oh and platformers often take months to complete...

The thing with PS2 games is that they all try and push the same buttons... there is nothing artistic about them, the level designs are often poorly constructed to reach their means... every article in a Mario level is placed for multiple reasons and you can use it for multiple more. Ico is the only game that oozes style on the PS2 in my eyes.
Thu 20/02/03 at 18:50
Regular
Top score wrote:

> Secondly it was and is offically the fastest selling game in the UK of
> all time.

And Mario 3 is officially the worlds top selling game. ANd Nintendo sold their BILLIONTH game in 1995, how many have been sold now? I'd like to see Sony match that.
Thu 20/02/03 at 18:47
Regular
Little Faye wrote:
> Right and going to hospital because you coz shot and coming out
> perfect! Thats realistic! Like the hospital could just fit you in like
> that and dont ask any questions why your covered in bullet holes and
> cuts! How would you heal you person?

I'd stand at a wall, and let those bullet wounds quickly disappear before trudging (or running supposedly) away.
Thu 20/02/03 at 17:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hehe.

Fools.
Thu 20/02/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Ha hah! Lol!

Damnit that was funny. The sheer vitriolic terminology hasn't been seen since IB went one of his massive rants a while ago...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.