GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell was Multi-platform from the beginning."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Tue 18/02/03 at 13:28
Regular
Well Well then it appears that Splinter Cell the so called Xbox exclusive was infact a multi platform game from the very beginning and infact the developers actually wanted to make sure they could achieve the same level of detail on the PS2 and GC games otherwise they would have never have started the project.

Infact the PS2 version has extras, that are geared more towards the PS2 user as they demand more and have higher skill level, not my words but the actual developers comments.

Then again I can imagine that it's a hard game for Xbox users because of their poorly designed controllers.
Page:
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:56
Regular
It depends if you're a putrid, brain dead festering little filth monkey who's head can only register blood and violence as a good game because it's the boys modern perception of 'cool' and your rabid little bum boys will call you nasty names if you admit to liking anything that does't involve killing people in a very, very poor imitation of real life.

And you *founded* that category.
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:55
"Darkness, always"
Correction, he can play games providing all he has to do is run around hitting things with a stick. Anything else just goes way over his head.
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Face it, Top Score, you can't play games if you got bored of Mario in a day.
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:50
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Driver is GTA3 with everything removed except driving the cars.
>
> And GTA3 got boring in a week

Well that is 6 days longer than Mario, let's face it when you play a platform they are good first time round however they have no real replay value.
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:42
Regular
Driver is GTA3 with everything removed except driving the cars.

And GTA3 got boring in a week
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:25
"Darkness, always"
Update2.01 wrote:
> Driver was the first game of that sort (i think).

You mean, it was the first "avoid the cops" racing game?

I think you will find that you are greatly, greatly mistaken.

Monkey Ball isn't the most original idea in the world, but it did take what was a superbly original game in its time and give it "the works".
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:21
Regular
Driver was the first game of that sort (i think). Crazy taxi was sort of similar, but not as good in my opinion. With GTA3, we got the full works with "proper" exploration and a great deal of detail. GTA-VC adds some more details (ie, the cops have got the stinger to get your tyres), improves the graphics a bit, and changes the location. Screen shots of Driver 3 look very nice - but we will have to wait and see if the final product lives up to that standard.

As for the Getaway, it's good, but not as impressive as I had hoped. Perhaps with the Getaway 2 it will finally match the promise of the first one.
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:02
Regular
Wibble.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:59
Regular
Driver hmmmmm

"The Police are after you quick drive, drive like you've never driven before"

"Right i've escaped the cops, what now?"

"Ummmmmmm another level of doing the exact same thing but in a different locastion"

"WOW this isn't gonna get boring, not one bit"
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Update2.01 wrote:

> Super Monkey Ball is just one idea over and over again. The mini games
> are nothing more than just a slight variation of the theme.

Cause racing is the same as pool is the same as that wierd targering game.....

yeah

*goes back to sleep*
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.