GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell was Multi-platform from the beginning."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Tue 18/02/03 at 13:28
Regular
Well Well then it appears that Splinter Cell the so called Xbox exclusive was infact a multi platform game from the very beginning and infact the developers actually wanted to make sure they could achieve the same level of detail on the PS2 and GC games otherwise they would have never have started the project.

Infact the PS2 version has extras, that are geared more towards the PS2 user as they demand more and have higher skill level, not my words but the actual developers comments.

Then again I can imagine that it's a hard game for Xbox users because of their poorly designed controllers.
Page:
Sun 23/02/03 at 02:11
Regular
That they lack advertisement and universal appeal?

Nintendo games are often original even their sequels are original and yet Sony do push mainly the same old stuff. Update if you are happy with that then thats fine although it is normally the casual gamer who doesn't know better that accepts it... your last statement basically said it sells so therefore it is good...

Maybe you'll start looking for good games.

Ico, Jet Set Radio, Dead or Alive, Devil May Cry. All non-nintendo games that I have seeked out and played and think are legendary original titles that will be my favourite games for years. I choose Nintendo because my favourite games and the amount of original legendary titles are more frequent. Just try it... give up on prejudices and you can continue them but find a newish Nintendo game and fall in love with it.

And you'll see what I mean.
Sat 22/02/03 at 19:15
Regular
Totoro wrote:
> Top score wrote:
> To most people these days a new Mario game is just that YET ANOTHER
> MARIO GAME yawn yawn then if Ninty fanboy saps keep buying the tripe
> then they will keep developing them. Mario party 50, Mario Tennis
> 30,
> Mario 2052 the list goes on everyone will be an Original quality
> title
> though.
>
> Isn't it funny that a Sony zealot is laughing about unoriginality when
> the PS2's line-up is full of mostly generic trash.

But it keeps on selling.... If people agreed with you, PS2 sales would be falling and more and more people would be getting Game Cubes to play stuff like Mario Tennis, Mario Party, Mario Golf, Mario rugby, Mario Ice Skating, and Mario Flight Simulator (sorry, got a bit carried away there). But Nintendo are struggling to get 2nd place, so what does this tell us about GC and GC games?
Sat 22/02/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Top score wrote:
> then they will keep developing them. Mario party 50, Mario Tennis 30,
> Mario 2052 the list goes on everyone will be an Original quality title
> though.

Isn't it funny that a Sony zealot is laughing about unoriginality when the PS2's line-up is full of mostly generic trash.
Sat 22/02/03 at 00:53
What about all the other 6 year olds playing Splinter Cell!... Somebody think about the children... We need bigger control pads, just like the arcade machines...

And we voted Labour... Bloody hell!
Sat 22/02/03 at 00:45
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
The X-Box controller is fine - I don't know why people complain about it so much.

AND I have small hands :)
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:59
Regular
Top score wrote:

> Considering Sony had only just launched its PS1 then I hardly think
> that is a fair comparision. With all that experience how did Nintendo
> manage to ghet it so wrong with the N64 and GC.

Good question... how about they didn't? N64 was a 3D snes but "Sony's revolution" (done before but hey) sold more... so Nintendo didn't get it wrong but Sony got it more right.

> The only reason Nintendo fanboys hark on about Mario is that it is the
> only thing they have, now that Rare have been bought by MS. If
> Nintendo really do earn more profits why didn't they buy Rare
> themselves they owned 49% of the company.

Because Rare were losing Money... which if you read the press release you would know. And Capcom's Fourth Production Studio is an ample replacement for Rare... do you know about the Capcom 5 Top Score? Of course you don't.

> then they will keep developing them. Mario party 50, Mario Tennis 30,
> Mario 2052 the list goes on everyone will be an Original quality title
> though.

Mario Party is admitidly an annoying sequel game but then it isn't made by Nintendo just endorsed. If you are moaning about Mario Platformers we've had 2 in the past 7 years... not one a year and besides each Mario game is original in comparison to the last one.... Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Eternal DArkness, Metroid Prime, Doshin the Giant, Luigi's Mansion... All Nintendo games all highly original.
Fri 21/02/03 at 19:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Top score wrote:
> With all that experience how did Nintendo manage to ghet it so wrong with GC.

---

*Laughs*
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mario rules, Rare accouted for a tiny percentage of Nintendos profits, etc etc etc.
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:56
Regular
He even tries to convince us he drives a Lexus!

Only in a game I think.
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:47
Regular
Over 250 replies?

The kid's not lost it. :-D

I can't believe you all still take him seriously though.
He's OBVIOUSLY joking to wind you lot up. People this thick and retarded don't exist in the real world...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.