GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Wed 16/03/11 at 16:14
"Are you sure?"
FYI

For my 'test' failure (wrong email addy used for correct Freeola hosted domain) I received:

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 : Recipient address rejected: Unknown user

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/03/11 at 19:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
SIDDY wrote:
When are these email issues going to be sorted out. Get some engineers in there who know what they are doing.
I'm foolishly paying freeola money every month for broadband with no email most of the time.

Have tested this account several times and it appears to be functioning correctly.

SIDDY has explained that he is having issues with using his Webmail, not the email service itself. Just to clarify.

At this point I believe it to be similar issues to those experienced by users earlier in this post.
Thu 17/03/11 at 14:55
Regular
I was getting errors trying to access 'mail.freeola.net ' which apparently is no longer supported . Try 'freeola.com/webmail' instead.

Not sure why this has changed as the old address has been bookmarked in my browser for years
Thu 17/03/11 at 18:24
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We know that it has been "broken" as a by-product of other changes that our wholesalers have made, but mail.freeola.net should not have been being used as a web link by customers anyway.

It's great that mail.freeola.net did get you to that location previously, but it's was not really intended to be a portal for regular use.

The advised link is http://freeola.com/webmail.
Fri 18/03/11 at 10:05
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
We know that it has been "broken" as a by-product of other changes that our wholesalers have made, but mail.freeola.net should not have been being used as a web link by customers anyway.

FYI Warhunt, in this post Warhunt wrote:

...or going to the login manually (http://freeola.com/webmail or http://mail.freeola.net) !

I bet you love me :¬P
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 18/03/11 at 12:11
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Honestly? No, no I don't. But I am growing ever fonder :)

I knew I had mentioned it somewhere before in honesty, and I certainly have to customers on the phone (mainly when adding the / in would cause headaches if you get the drift).

But it has still never been the official or generally advised link (and has many alternatives) so we are not overly concerned with it not functioning. It will be resolved however.
Mon 28/03/11 at 19:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Socket Time .... we're off again.....

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: '*********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

:¬(

EDIT: 19:37

All checked and received OK :¬) But maybe a warning of things to come :¬(
Mon 04/04/11 at 12:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Are we having any email problems at the moment? All working fine earlier but on checking email just now....asked for each addresses login...which was then promptly refused! Error message contains the words 'temporary fault'

EDIT: Just checked again and fault seems to have cleared...all accounts successfully accessed.
Mon 04/04/11 at 12:31
Regular
Looks like something is up. Webmail has hung on login. Eventually on third or fourth attempt logged in to immeidately record wrong email or password authentication error.

I'll be giving it ten minutes to resolve and then raising a ticket.
Mon 04/04/11 at 12:39
Regular
This is absolutely ridiculous! It’s one problem after another with Freeola at the moment.

I wouldn't bother with support, last time I phoned I received no apology because it was a hardware failure, and not freeola’s fault. If a mechanical failure stopped my company from carrying out usual service, I would as a matter of courtesy apologise without hesitation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.