GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Tue 15/03/11 at 16:48
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hmmm... wrote:

If your router has now reconnected at your normal speeds then you won't see an immediate improvement in throughput/use until your IP Profile recovers! This can take 'up to' five days but often happens much quicker. see my previous link for details :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Thanks again Hmmm,just read you're guide (very helpful).I will wait a few days and see if my profile recovers,if I see no improvement after this time I'll raise a ticket.I can just about use my connection for web browsing/email but not much else as it's painfully slow at the moment.
Tue 15/03/11 at 17:10
"Are you sure?"
ptb wrote:
Thanks all. Address surpised me when I was first given it, but it has worked from then to now, so who was I to argue.
Apologies for leaping to conclusions that the service was down; unfortunately that is Occam's razor at the current time.
Will circulate the endorced address.

Glad to hear you are up and running again :¬)
Had to Google the Occam's razor bit!

I didn't realise your address was one you could previously use - I wonder who's changed something without letting on?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/03/11 at 17:11
"Are you sure?"
pete_21 wrote:
Thanks again Hmmm,just read you're guide (very helpful).I will wait a few days and see if my profile recovers,if I see no improvement after this time I'll raise a ticket.I can just about use my connection for web browsing/email but not much else as it's painfully slow at the moment.

Have you checked your current connection speed (sync) in the router to make sure that's normal?
If it's still low for some reason your IP Profile won't recover.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/03/11 at 13:43
Regular
When are these email issues going to be sorted out. Get some engineers in there who know what they are doing.
I'm foolishly paying freeola money every month for broadband with no email most of the time.
Wed 16/03/11 at 13:49
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The email service is currently running as normal. If you are having problems with email then please raise a support ticket and do not swear on these forums.
Wed 16/03/11 at 13:49
"Are you sure?"
SIDDY wrote:
When are these email issues going to be sorted out...

My email service seems fine today, what issues are you seeing?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/03/11 at 14:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
No issues with email today....fast and efficient :¬)
Wed 16/03/11 at 14:34
Regular
We appear to be seeing some emails bouncing. Don't worry, support ticket has already been submitted and no conclusions jumped to. Is this what you are seeing SIDDY?
Wed 16/03/11 at 15:36
"Are you sure?"
ptb wrote:
We appear to be seeing some emails bouncing...

That's interesting.
I'm not aware of any problems with this at the moment.

But it seems something may have changed.

Previously when writing to a Freeola domain to an email address that didn't exist no 'bounce/failure' message was generated.
i.e. Sending to [email protected]

This was previously discussed here where Freeola 'Bob' explained that was by design to limit spam.

But I've just re-tested this with a made up name and received a failure message.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/03/11 at 16:03
Regular
Hmmm, That is interesting. It is quite possible that a wrong address has been previously used and it is now only receiving errors (sender that reported it asserts address was from address boook and used before). I'm trying to get a copy of the bounce report to see and forward to freeola if applicable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.