GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2007 Formula 1 season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:
Tue 08/05/07 at 23:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, Senna was an F1 great. One of the greatest qualifiers ever, a 3 times World Champion and could drag a rubbish car round a track really quickly. That McLaren he was driving in 1993 was pathetic and yet he won races.
Wed 09/05/07 at 22:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Grandprix wrote:
> Gilles Villeneuve was runner up in the World Championship in
> 1979, had 6 race wins and died a pretty horrific death in 1982
> at the Belgian Grand Prix. He was considered one of the
> naturally quickest racers of his time and had a strong will to
> win, which was shown on the track.

And he did once, in qualifying I believe, manage to set a best time 9.6 seconds quicker than anyone else in very wet conditions, really quite an achievement; as was the race (Spain 1980?) where he held off 3 or 4 much faster cars to win. This is a guy who also once managed to get a three-wheeled car back to the pits at considerable speed... simply amazing. (Yes, I got much of this from the tribute on itv-f1.com!)

And he started out in Snowmobile racing, which may well have been where he developed his talent for car control.

It's a shame about such deaths, doubly so as you do wonder what may have been; Villeneuve competing with Prost and Senna, Senna competing with Schumacher.
Thu 10/05/07 at 15:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Big news today is the news that Valencia will be hosting a street circuit race from 2008 onwards and will go under the guise of the European Grand Prix.

It's certainly an interesting development but it could be a big problem for other European races as the calendar will be filling up again.
Thu 10/05/07 at 16:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
With India, South Korea, Singapore and the UAE all supposedly lining up to host aces, it really is a worry for the future of the British GP, though we may see a "Hamilton factor" not unlike the current Alonso craze going on. Still, if Silverstone isn't up to it in future years, Rockingham or Brands Hatch would be just as good, if not better! Any European venues likely to be lost? Possibly Magny-Cours, and on personal views, the Hungaroring as it throws up so many dull races, with the exception of last year.

And if Silverstone is dropped, I'd be very much in favour of the race being held at Brands Hatch... in fact, Rockingham or Donington might be acceptable too!
Thu 10/05/07 at 17:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
If Silverstone loses the Grand Prix, I can't see it going to Brands Hatch or Donington because I don't think their facilities are any better. Rockingham may be more recent but I'm not really a fan of it hosting a Grand Prix. Silverstone is the best bet and with recent improvements to the roads round about, it has the best access for a lot of fans.

Magny Cours is under threat due to its location and money troubles. I don't think the French will give up on this so easily though and I think they'll come up with a few alternatives.

I don't think I've ever seen an exciting Hungarian Grand Prix except the one where Hill was going to win in the Arrows but got a throttle problem.

I've heard the odd rumour of Canada losing it's Grand Prix but I think it'll survive.

Then there is the Japanese Grand Prix fiasco and if they are going to have Fuji, they'll have to have Suzuka too.

Silverstone really needs to survive.
Thu 10/05/07 at 20:42
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I've seen Senna clips, and he just pushed things to the absolute limit, probably better than any other F1 driver i've ever seen.

I can't see Silverstone losing it's place in the calendar. Wasn't it being taken over or something?

By the way that street circuit news is great, I love street circuits. Whatever happened to the concept one in London?
Thu 10/05/07 at 21:52
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Silverstone's owners (the BRDC) were looking for investment. A lot of investment had provisos that gave them the right to redevelop, mostly involving changing the track in some way.

They've looked for government funding but I've not heard any recent news on it.

Silverstone has been a target of threats from Mosley and Ecclestone, I think a little unfairly, seeing as some tracks have much worse facilities and they aren't under threat.

I think the London race was put on the shelf as it would be a logistical nightmare.
Fri 11/05/07 at 12:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Another race joins the calendar today. Singapore will host a race in 2008 and it will be a night race. It's a street circuit, will be around September/October in the calendar and has a contract for 5 years.
Fri 11/05/07 at 15:46
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hmmm, Renault with some interesting pace in practise. With the previous month having been spent on improvements, the whole field may have moved up or down depending on the progress they've made.

We won't know their true pace until the weekend but practise is always good to see what a car is capable of in certain conditions.
Sat 12/05/07 at 13:31
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Hamilton looks on the mark, possible pole I reckon. Just as I type that, Massa sets the fastest lap ;)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.