GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2007 Formula 1 season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:
Fri 04/05/07 at 21:34
"No longer in use"
Thats a shame, I always quite liked San Marino. I'm presuming they'll just put another GP in it's place next year.
Fri 04/05/07 at 22:42
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
San Marino never really did it for me. It was getting pretty run down by the time the plug was pulled. It wasn't very good for overtaking.

The calendar will get a rejig next season.
Sat 05/05/07 at 09:02
"No longer in use"
I liked it when Brazil was early in the calendar, I remember when Fisichella 'won' it after the waterlogged track, that was a great race to watch.
Mon 07/05/07 at 14:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Brazil is only at the end of the season for the hope that the title will be decided in Europe's TV prime time. I'm not a fan of the Brazil circuit however.

I read the crazy rumour that the media have been circulating that Alonso would walk away from F1 if he wins the title this season. Why would he? He could go on and become an F1 great. He has already won the title twice and is the youngest World Champion.
Tue 08/05/07 at 16:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
CarlosPeterGaryJohn wrote:
> I liked it when Brazil was early in the calendar, I remember when
> Fisichella 'won' it after the waterlogged track, that was a great
> race to watch.

That was great to watch, you never knew what was going to happen next. I do like Interlagos actually, though I'm told its previous 4-mile incarnation was far better.

Alonso walking away? He might want a new challenge, but I don't think that's true, by the end of the season I reckon competition will be fierce between McLaren, Ferrari and possibly BMW, which should keep things interesting (and winnable) for him!
Tue 08/05/07 at 17:00
Regular
Who was Gilles Villeneuve? Was he a good F1 driver?
Tue 08/05/07 at 17:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Gilles Villeneuve was runner up in the World Championship in 1979, had 6 race wins and died a pretty horrific death in 1982 at the Belgian Grand Prix. He was considered one of the naturally quickest racers of his time and had a strong will to win, which was shown on the track.
Tue 08/05/07 at 21:12
"LOLLERSKATES!"
This might be stating the obvious be he was also the father of 1997 champion Jacques Villeneuve.

Isn't one of the tracks named after him? Canada?
Tue 08/05/07 at 21:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, it was a bit obvious. :)

The Canadian track is named after Gilles Villeneuve. I think a chicane is named after him at San Marino as well.
Tue 08/05/07 at 21:54
Regular
Ah cheers for the information guys =) Apparently he died 25 years ago. =( The last F1 driver I knew that was killed was Ayrton Senna. He was a great driver wasnt he? I think my brother, a fellow F1 nut, was really sad to see him go.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.