GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2007 Formula 1 season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:
Sat 12/05/07 at 13:33
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Grandprix wrote:
> Another race joins the calendar today. Singapore will host a race
> in 2008 and it will be a night race. It's a street circuit, will
> be around September/October in the calendar and has a contract
> for 5 years.

I heard it on the radio, is that for definite?

I love the idea of a night race!

Whats happening with the Euro GP? Is that going to be in Spain soon seeming as they will have two GP's?
Sat 12/05/07 at 14:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, the race in Valencia will be called the European Grand Prix seeing as the Nurburgring and Hockenheim are sharing the German Grand Prix.

Great qualifying session. It seems that the advantage that Ferrari had early on in the season has gone and there isn't much between Ferrari and McLaren at all.

It looks like BMW is still the 3rd best team but I don't think they've made significant gains. Renault seem solid in the top 10 which is an improvement, although I think Red Bull have the potential to be faster than them. Toyota are still a bit hit and miss but I think the biggest losers in the midfield are Williams. They don't seem to have made much progress at all.

The Singapore night race seems a definite at the moment. They say the streets are fully lit so I guess it's on for 2008.
Sat 12/05/07 at 14:45
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I thought Ferrari came back well later on in the session, At one stage I was expecting an Hamilton - Alonso one two or at least a 1,2,3, of Alonso, Raikkonen and Hamilton. However Massa came out of nowhere for the pole.

It's been too long between GP's, i do hope Mosley rectifies this for next years calendar.
Sat 12/05/07 at 18:55
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, that gap may be where the Singapore race will slot in, just befor ethe onset of the Suropean season. Just a thought.

Well done to Renault, back where they see themselves as belonging; that just leaves their race pace to consider.

In other news, Alonso and Hamilton are said to be racing different strategies, so that could turn out to be interesting; who has what, though, is anyone's guess. I reckon Hamilton may have more fuel on board. And well done to Coulthard as well; maybe Red Bull can get themselves some points, and show what a Newey-designed car can do for them if it doesn't break down!
Sat 12/05/07 at 23:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I would have thought that Valencia would fill the gap between races, making the European and Spanish GP's back to back.

Singapore has been announced for September/October 2008 I believe.
Sun 13/05/07 at 12:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hmmm, they said on the ITV coverage that Valencia is slated to be the last race of the 2008 season, around November time. I assume they'll just move everything forward a week then.
Sun 13/05/07 at 13:31
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Come On Hamilton!

By the way, whatever happened to that SR F1 tChampionship that you used to run Grandprix (I remember being the runner up as Mika Salo one year). I want that to make a come back!
Sun 13/05/07 at 14:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
There aren't really enough people interested to do the F1 Championship again. When you have 22 drivers that need to be taken, I can only think of 8 at the moment that might be interested.

McLaren just didn't have the pace in the last sector and it proved the difference as Massa had enough pace to build a nice lead.

Alonso's mistake cost him 2nd place probably but that won't bother Hamilton who now leads the Championship, despite not winning a race yet.

Coulthard did well to finish ahead of Rosberg as he had 3rd gear missing. First ever point for Super Aguri. That car is much better than the Honda.
Sun 13/05/07 at 20:12
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Shame the forums aren't as active as they used to be. I used to love the SR F1 championship.
Sun 20/05/07 at 15:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Me too, especially my victories... especially the preidctions, that was a good laugh!

Looks like the Australian GP may be set to also become a night race, that could prove interesting; or at least the wrangling about it could be. To see F1 cars racing around the Surfer's Paradise street track would be good, but I don't think that's too likely.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.