GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life after Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/07 at 22:36
Regular
Do you believe in life after death?. Following being diagnosed with cancer my life was put on stop, my world changed instantly. I and my family were in shock but I was not mad or asked why me?. I was however mad at the system that allowed me to get in this situation because there was history in my case that appeared not to mean a thing. I then had experiences that only convinced me that there are stranger things in heaven than on earth. Not a stranger to mystical events in the past I started a mission to work with cancer
Wed 14/03/07 at 18:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Timmargh wrote:
> Vacuums suck!!!1!1

I think thats why i likened them to religion.
Wed 14/03/07 at 19:40
Regular
Hey guys thanks for your views, Ninyour view that sitting on the fence and being open minded is a good choice, but at the same time the commitment of Geffdof and his Action Groups commendable but can be seen as intrusive. Either way its freedom of choice and thankfully we have that in our society.
I was told I had 5 years too live that was 18months ago; I had nightmares for 3months but came out the other end a stronger person and realized that there were people worse off than myself. The London bombing were people went out in the morning and didn’t come home is a good example. It is a test of faith or a time you question if there is a god why did he let it happen. Whatever you belief or lack of, only when you are confronted with your own death do you consider the options. At this point I should tell you I had a business in an area of a town that had 32 nationalities in the community, a black ethnic population and a real mix of religions and cultures. Daily I met good people from these groups and very often talked about social and religious views. I have had children say to me “we can’t talk to you because you eat pork”. Then I am told by others “we are praying for you in our Mosque”.
The real issue for me was the inequality that put me in my situation the more I became involved it became evident changes are necessary to help men get the treatments they need. It was during this time I was given the strength and insight into how to challenge the system, where to find specific detail, and the way to talk with other suffers and helps them with very personal issues very often not discussed by the professionals.
In earlier happier years I had seen what many cannot accept, three legged tables tapping for example but others events that are more religious in content and involved personal family members whose credibility are unquestionable, these methods usedto contact family spirits. One very dear lady who as passed on now is responsible for me being diagnose when with no symptoms I had no reason to go to my GP.
Back to this thread, is it possible that we all return to the light, as Jesus said to Thomas the light is within us all it is our destiny to discover it and return back to the father? The father is the creator it is possible the creator is a superior being or forces an entity from a dimension beyond our comprehension until proven.
Wed 21/03/07 at 23:54
Regular
This site is one of two forums I have and there has been over a 1000 visit in 5 weeks but only 20 folks express a views. It is interesting how many believe there is only sleep after this life. This is true for those who have no faith in an afterlife or simple are not interested, but the soul during the big sleep is still active. How long is it in a state of suspension or to use a term we recognise limbo depends on all those people they met in their lives, only when they pass over and collectively influence the sleeping soul do they then awaken and become reunited. It is a period of learning or conditioning we all go through at some point if we are non believers before returning a wiser and advanced soul and go through a further development or enlightenment.
So is this a theory, a dream, a mental game or a reality only when we die do we know for sure or are there ways of finding out, depends on your belief in mediums or psychics.
Thu 22/03/07 at 00:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
When we die, the body dies. Consequently the 'soul' dies. What is the soul but our concept of self? In my view at least that's what it is, it's the brains activity. I base this upon a lack of evidence for anything else, and even if we twist evidence slightly and say the soul 'does' exist all of a sudden, it never leaves the body in life so I don't know if it could survive outside the body anyway - to me this is fundementally useless speculation.

There are many things which are very hard to explain, now, in the past, those things which may happen. Maybe one day they will be explained, but I do not go on revelatory evidence. It's an utterly arbitary choice. I can just as easily say when we die a pink elephant carries our eyes to Aiopha, the land of eyes. Why? Because I said so.

This may sound sparse of hope, but I don't see why. It may be less fantastic than heaven or hell or an afterlife, or reincarnation, but one can find enough beauty in life to make up for the fact that as far as we can POSSIBLY KNOW, on our current levels, when we die we end. Fin.
Sun 25/03/07 at 20:45
Regular
To keep the debate going let us take the theory of Life after death? and compare it with Is there more life in the universe than us? Two possible hypotheses for science to prove both would have life changing implications.
Carl Saga a well established cosmologist, once said “Compare our planet as a grain of sand on a beach then the universe would be the beach” but he did not say how big the beach was. It is science that one day will find the answer for now we must be content with our imagination.
We must be naive or very arrogant to think we are along in the cosmos.
Einstein said “We live in a universe governed by a deep mathematical order”
Darwin believed we evolved from a single organism over billions of years, this to the scientist is more acceptable than God creating Adam and eve but it is likely they where part of the evolutionary chain. Science v faith, a new and interesting view is that God is a gene therefore exists in our DNA. If we consider the conception of life, the male and female creating a new life from single cells joining and multiplying producing a new human being. The multiplication of atoms and biochemical reaction is not so large after all when compared with the power of spiting the single atom a particular element. Einstein believed in time travel and we know that this is possible; this would be another dimension here in our world but could this be a link with other worlds and dimensions maybe the next step. Or our spiritual development is another dimension itself.
Sun 25/03/07 at 22:30
Regular
"lets go back"
I doubt there is life on other planets. I believe that we were created by God because the idea that life spontaneously came about by random chance is quite ludicrous and highly improbable (if not impossible in my view) so to ask me to believe that such a thing happened twice (or more) would be ridiculous.
Mon 26/03/07 at 00:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Geffdof wrote:
> I doubt there is life on other planets. I believe that we were
> created by God because the idea that life spontaneously came
> about by random chance is quite ludicrous and highly improbable
> (if not impossible in my view) so to ask me to believe that such
> a thing happened twice (or more) would be ridiculous.

By the law of averages, it would suggest there is.

The simple fact there IS life on this planet suggests that life exists somewhere else in the unbelievably vast universe. Of course, this boils down to 'random chance' vs 'everything has been designed'. Random chance to me is less ludicrous than faith is, considering the way our world has been constructed all around us, each species harking back to an earlier convergence etc. Take the metaphor or water finding the swiftest way down a hill, it doesn't follow a pre set path, it follows the easiest route it can. But then we could go into the whole evolutionary/creation debate bla bla bla bla, and that could just go on and on.

Revelatory evidence vs empirical. I know which wins for me, hands down. Not that I wish to deny you your faith, of course not ('heaven' knows, you get this a lot on here/PM ;))

Whatever, to me, to say that the idea life is elsewhere is ludicrous because God...created us...alone...is utterly redundant in the face of evidence from the secular world. But each to their own :p
Mon 26/03/07 at 13:13
Regular
"lets go back"
The "God" idea just makes me sceptical that we will ever find life "out there". From a science point of view, there is no evidence (as far as I know) to life on other planets. If there was I'm sure it would have been all over the media. All we have managed to do is to send a handful of people to the moon and no further and then a few robots to Mars so I think we have barely scratched the surface of the universe and I doubt we will be getting very far any time soon.

If I don't believe that life can spontaneously appear on earth, then it logically follows that I shouldn't believe in it happening on other planets either. From my point of view, any other life in the universe would also be made by God. I suppose that's possible, but I personally doubt it. I have no evidence to back that up of course. The bible doesn't say that there is no life on other planets so I suppose its possible. I just doubt it myself.
Mon 26/03/07 at 23:57
Regular
A report in the "Sunday Times" on 13th December 1981. It said that physicists could have been wrong for forty years about the make-up of the universe. !!!!!1

"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics, but it is not the path to knowledge, it has no place in the endeavour of science."
Carl Sagan. "Cosmos" 1980
Sir Oliver Lodge and Sir William Crookes were pioneers of radio and television, they were able to put forward a rational explanation to account for the seemingly "supernatural" phenomena appearing at their experiments. They said that this etheric world is the same place as our radio and television signals, but at a much higher frequency. Recent discoveries in quantum mechanics - the study of the building blocks within the atom - completely vindicate what these great physicists said at the beginning of the century. They were adamant that we all survive the death of our physical bodies. The experiments proved that we must possess two bodies - one finite body containing the brain that dies, and another infinite body, containing the mind that separates when our short stay on earth is over. Lodge said the people from the "next world" who are appearing at the experiments must possess bodies that are made of the same invisible matter as our radio and television signals. He called it an etheric substance.
Written by Michael Roll (campaign for philosophical freedom)
Einstein said on his 70th birthday:
"Now you think I am looking at my life's work with calm satisfaction. But there is not a single concept of which I am convinced that it will stand firm. I am not sure if I was on the right track after all."
There are discoveries that are challenging the know mathematics and physics. If these are being suppressed by our materialistic world are people interested?
Tue 27/03/07 at 13:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That's called science. The point being, science responds to the evidence and changes theory accordingly. So yes, there might be scientifically explainable 'supernatural' (if that's not a contradiction..!) events etc, but the thing is they're not scientific orthodoxy.

Science can be accused of snobbery in that respect, in that weirder theories might not get airtime - usually because they actually suck (and don't confuse science with translation of science into industry, i.e green cars being stifled by oil companies etc). The point being, it's the best we have - religion has the same idea for 2000 years and refuses to change. There's a fantastic diagram I found which depicts all this...but i can't seem to link to it hah.

Read some Popper, nothing is 100% provable anyway in science. Doesn't mean it's not the best way to go at the moment...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.