GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life after Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/07 at 22:36
Regular
Do you believe in life after death?. Following being diagnosed with cancer my life was put on stop, my world changed instantly. I and my family were in shock but I was not mad or asked why me?. I was however mad at the system that allowed me to get in this situation because there was history in my case that appeared not to mean a thing. I then had experiences that only convinced me that there are stranger things in heaven than on earth. Not a stranger to mystical events in the past I started a mission to work with cancer
Sun 11/03/07 at 12:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
Poor guy.
Tue 13/03/07 at 06:29
Regular
Ladybird wrote:
> I am having a hard time believing this isn't a hoax. Please tell
> us more of your experiences and of your cancer diagnosis, Mr.
> Merlin.

merlinthewizard wrote:
> Dear Ms Ladybird I promise you this is no hoax, I was diagnosed
> with cancer the end of 2005 and give 5 years to live, with no
> symptoms my world stopped and my family devastated. But after
> accepting I could do nothing about it I got on with planning
> what I could do to help others. I started my own charity and
> fighting for screening to be made available to all men. Then I
> had my first experience and was given a “baptism of wisdom” by
> what I found out afterwards to be an ancient guardian. At this
> time I met another cancer sufferer like myself and she was also
> a campaigner fighting for breast cancer and won a battle for a
> new drug to improve the quality of life for breast cancer
> patients. As a small group of patients we have just got the
> Welsh Assemble to introduce Brachytherapy an important treatment
> in Wales. The strange thing here is she like myself has had
> similar experiences and we believe strongly that there are
> forces outside our normal lives that have influences on what we
> do and believe in.
> As for me I have in the past what some say are mystical
> experiences and in particular events that relate to the bible
> and a passage from the songs of Solomon. It is these events that
> make me ask if others have had the same or similar experiences.
> My path is set and I know where it is taking me, the true light
> at the end of the tunnel is the final big adventure but we have
> a lot to do before getting there.

I'm still having a hard time believing this isn't a hoax. Please tell us more of your experiences and of your cancer diagnosis.

Sheesh, this is just going around in circles. Psh.

So you were diagnosed with breast cancer (duude.), gave to charities, lobbied for a cure, met a girl that smacked some, I mean "baptised" you with wisdom, and had some spectacular um..mystical experiences together?

My apologies if I took anything out of context.. I'm just really trying to make sense of your mumble-jumble celestine prophesy-like random rambling. You voted for Bush, didn't you.

[edit] Grix Thraves, is that you??
Tue 13/03/07 at 17:06
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont really see what this has to do with Life after Death. All you have said is that you have cancer and then had a mystical experience. So does anyone want to discuss in life after death?

As many of you may know from other discussion topics, Im a Christian. I believe in the biblical view of life after death. Heaven and hell and all that. I actually dont know too much about it now that I think about it so its something I shall research. What I mean by that is that I couldnt explain particularly well what heaven or hell are like, just that heaven is full of the glory of God and that hell is absent of God and all of his creation, or something like that.
Tue 13/03/07 at 18:08
Regular
Ignoring this post completely, I hope there isn't a life after death. That idea sucks.
Tue 13/03/07 at 21:10
Regular
Sorry I can’t tell you my cancer the filters on this chat room won’t let me tell you!!!
Its ok to say breast but a guy Prost-te is not allowed. Equality doesn’t exist here.
Ok I am on here for a sensible discussion I’m no fool or timewaster. I believe in freedom of chose that’s why we exist till we learn and move on to higher levels. A creator exists depending on your faith, which faith is better than the other is a man made doctrine or who has a stronger army than the other.
Tue 13/03/07 at 23:24
Regular
"Mooching around"
I would suggest, for the benefit of this thread at least, that we give old Merlin here the benefit of the doubt and accept his story.

Many of you are obviously sceptical, and struggle to believe such as story as it is not common for something like this to be posted in such a way. Try to keep the negative thoughts for another thread :)

Anyways, so Merlin, do you mind telling us what kind of experiences convinced you of a, higher plane, shall we say?
Wed 14/03/07 at 13:29
Regular
"lets go back"
merlinthewizard wrote:
> A creator exists depending on your faith, which faith is better
> than the other is a man made doctrine or who has a stronger army
> than the other.

I disagree with this. I dont think there can be more than one right answer. If Christianity is true then everything else, by definition, must be false. The same applies to other religions too. Just because someone believes something it doesnt make it true. There cant be a situation where a monotheistic view and a polytheistic view can both be true at the same time.
Wed 14/03/07 at 13:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Geffdof wrote:
> I dont think there can be more than one
> right answer. If Christianity is true then everything else, by
> definition, must be false.

This is exactly why i'm against any sort of religion with defined rules. The notion of "We're right and you're wrong" irritates me immensely. I shouldn't have to validate my life according to other peoples beliefs, which is what i find myself doing everytime i get into a conversation with anyone religious.
Wed 14/03/07 at 13:46
Regular
"lets go back"
Nin wrote:

> This is exactly why i'm against any sort of religion with
> defined rules. The notion of "We're right and you're
> wrong" irritates me immensely. I shouldn't have to validate
> my life according to other peoples beliefs, which is what i find
> myself doing everytime i get into a conversation with anyone
> religious.

If you take the two options of (a) there is a God and (b) there isnt a God (We'll ignore the ideas of "which God" and "how many" for the time being) only one of those can be right.

If you believe either of the statements then you will automatically think that you are right and contradictory beliefes are wrong. and that works which ever view you have.
Wed 14/03/07 at 13:55
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Geffdof wrote:
> If you take the two options of (a) there is a God and (b) there
> isnt a God (We'll ignore the ideas of "which God" and
> "how many" for the time being) only one of those can
> be right.
>
> If you believe either of the statements then you will
> automatically think that you are right and contradictory
> beliefes are wrong. and that works which ever view you have.

I've taken the 3rd option of

(c)I'm open-minded but i'm not commiting to anything (Agnostic).
Now having taken that 3rd option, i wont criticise or tell someone that their choice is wrong but i will defend my right to sit on the fence. It doesn't seem to be the same for those who have made the choice though. Like i said, i object to being told how to live my life or that i'm not living how i'm supposed to be. It happens everytime i get into a conversation with anyone religious and i hate it with a passion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.