GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life after Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/07 at 22:36
Regular
Do you believe in life after death?. Following being diagnosed with cancer my life was put on stop, my world changed instantly. I and my family were in shock but I was not mad or asked why me?. I was however mad at the system that allowed me to get in this situation because there was history in my case that appeared not to mean a thing. I then had experiences that only convinced me that there are stranger things in heaven than on earth. Not a stranger to mystical events in the past I started a mission to work with cancer
Tue 27/03/07 at 16:56
Regular
"lets go back"
If religion has the right answer, why would it need to change?
Tue 27/03/07 at 17:32
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think it would be very difficult to argue that religion hasnt changed anyway.
Tue 27/03/07 at 19:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed Garin, it certainly has changed in many ways. What I meant was in its essential 'core', Christianity remains exactly the same as it was. Same with other religions. As far as I'm aware. It's more a comment on the process rather than the facts. ish.

Geffdof; because it doesn't have the right answer, it has an answer. And that's the whole argument all over again, so let's not go there ;) Leave it at that i finks.
Wed 28/03/07 at 09:09
Regular
Science is seen by many as the only way forward nothing else exists, religion has no place, Richard Dawkins is a good example but what happens in nature he describes as a wonder.
Religion and science have been poles apart for millennia; one deals morals and faith the other with mathematics and models. It is the path between and the undiscovered dimensions that await us is challenging. Dean Hamer a guy who is a leading geneticists working on personality traits for the National Cancer Institute in the USA, has found spirituality is an innate part of human beings and can be measure. Religion is results of spiritual experience the two are different. Hamer also studies Bible stories through genetics. The exodus of the Jews from Egypt is correct, as far as he can tell from their genetics. Jews diverged from that part of the world around the time of Jesus. By blood testing for twelve Y-chromosome markers that Cohanium Jews (a special priesthood) around the world had a distinctive genetic signature. Even black South Africans who were Jews, way down at the end of Africa, isolated still kept that injunction.
Wed 28/03/07 at 13:04
Regular
"lets go back"
Cycloon wrote:
> Indeed Garin, it certainly has changed in many ways. What I meant
> was in its essential 'core', Christianity remains exactly the
> same as it was. Same with other religions. As far as I'm aware.
> It's more a comment on the process rather than the facts. ish.
>
> Geffdof; because it doesn't have the right answer, it has an
> answer. And that's the whole argument all over again, so let's
> not go there ;) Leave it at that i finks.

I was meaning if anything had the right answer why would it need to change? Religion thinks it has the right answer and doesn't need to change. Science assumes it has the best answer with the current evidence and will alter in the future. Its probably foolish to get into this again though, as you say.
Wed 04/04/07 at 00:40
Regular
It is worth thinking about the richness of human life and how we conceive beauty, emotions, love, moral values all that kind of stuff within our brains, are we taught all this or are there physical entities within our brain. Philosophical naturalists believe there is nothing beyond the physical world, no supernatural creative intelligence in the universe, no soul that outlasts the body but miracles occur in natural phenomena that are not yet understood. A bit of a cop out!!!!
Then we have the Deists, Theists and Pantheists all with their version of God or the Creator. The physicists and scientists trying to explain “why” then the followers of any religion believing that their God is the soul way, truth and light. Religious Gods are interventionists, miracle wreaking, thought reading, sin punishing, prayer- answering all through faith, priests, mullahs and rabbis. So do we talk to our friends and ask “Do you believe in an afterlife” I doubt it but it's a great talking point.
Wed 04/04/07 at 00:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
How is it a cop out to be a naturalistic philosopher because there are some unexplainable occurences? They're unexplainable - hence they're not inside nature (perhaps) but EQUALLY if not more so, not necessarily OUTSIDE nature.
Wed 04/04/07 at 15:30
Regular
"lets go back"
Ignoring something just because you cant explain it is a cop out. I'm assuming that's what you mean but I may have missed the point.
Wed 04/04/07 at 20:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah sure, ignoring it is. I don't think he said that though, maybe he implied it. Otherwise, it's silly.
Thu 05/04/07 at 00:47
Regular
"Geffdof" you assumed right. It is now emerging from the scientific establishment challenging new evidence.
Complexity of life forms is providing empirical evidence for Intelligent Design, as well as further indications that evolution is impossible. This has come about with the revolution in microbiology. We now know things that Darwin could never have imagined in his wildest dreams. The significance of this is found in Darwin's own words: "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down" (Behe ).
With the work that uncovers of the DNA code, genetics has become another area that will challenge establish principles. Evolution can explain the genes, but not the genetic code. That is, they can explain the matter, but not the information. There is not a mechanism demonstrated by any evolutionist that can explain how information gets into the DNA. So if science has excluded the idea of a God or a creator but they could be wrong, maybe we are moving closer to understanding religion and faith.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.