GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/06/06 at 22:25
Regular
Okay I'm having a CSS problem with my site, I have a bar with links in "block", at the moment the blocks are aligned on the left. How do I go about centering them in the middle?

Thanks in advanced :)

#block {
float:left;
clear:both;
background-color: #DEDECE;
width: 768px;
height:26px;
border-left: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-right: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-bottom: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
}

#block a {
text-align: center;
width: 90px;
text-decoration: none;
line-height: 26px;
display: block;
float: left;
}

#block a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}

#block span {
float: left;
line-height: 25px;
}

<div id="block">
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page1</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page2</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page3</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page4</a>
</div>

Thu 10/08/06 at 10:17
Regular
The subdomain names would be important for my site so I'd need to go to for a host that offered them.

Oh and going back to what Hmmm and Garin said. I actually thought my host was based in the UK originally. But like their call centre in India I guess everything is outside the UK now :(
Thu 10/08/06 at 10:14
Regular
cjh wrote:
> Which ISP are you with at the moment?

BT but we're moving house next month so I'm not sure who we'll go with.
Thu 10/08/06 at 10:13
Regular
Their layout is very confusing, they keep wanting me to change providers except here where it says "However, if you are on another ISP connection, our Web and E-mail Freedom services are designed for you."

And then there's no link where I can read about this £4 a month charge.

Am I looking in the wrong section? :S

And if Freeola don't have subdomains then I'm going to have to transfer my domain to another host now :( nuts I just spent a lot of money. Well to me it's a lot of money as I currently earn £0. Ah well my own fault for not paying more attention.
Thu 10/08/06 at 10:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Which ISP are you with at the moment?
Thu 10/08/06 at 10:02
Regular
aww no this is terrible if only I knew this before :(
Thu 10/08/06 at 09:56
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just updated my post Machie, you may want to re-read it ...
Thu 10/08/06 at 09:55
Regular
Huh? Don't tell me I just bought a domain and now I have to switch broadband company just to upload a few pages :( aww why wasn't I told before.
Thu 10/08/06 at 09:31
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Did you get your <table> CSS code to work?

I couldn't see anything except a static barcode image, so I expect Hmmm... is right about it using Flash, which I know nothing about I'm afraid.

I think there is nothing wrong with using JavaScript or CSS for making certain effects or actions on your web site, so long as they don't break the web site if JavaScript and / or CSS is disabled. If you can turn of JavaScript, and the web page still works (albiet in a different way) then that's fine.

Machie wrote:
Now that I have bought a domain name off them I can use their free hosting right?

Are you a Freeola dial-up or Broadband customer? If so, then yes, you're good to go.

If not, you'll either have to set-up a dial-up account with them (as you are required to connect via their dial-up number to upload content to your web space), transfer to Freeola for your broadband or sign up for the Freeola Web freedom package.

Also (I could be wrong on this) I don't believe Freeola offer the use of sub-domains.
Wed 09/08/06 at 19:16
Regular
Not done the anime one yet. :)

Now that I have bought a domain name off them I can use their free hosting right?

I'm preparing my newsletter/ezine at the moment. It's a good way to keep in touch with people who have visited my website. My girlfriend has done one herself and managed to get 1,000 subscribers. Her website was about Scrapbooking. I'll be hoping for atleast 10,000 subscribing. Oh dear, that's a lot of emails. I hope dont use up too much bandwidth. It'll just be a monthly thing but it'll still be full of useful information.
Wed 09/08/06 at 18:58
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
> Okay I bought the domains :) thank you both for the advice and
> suggestions. I'm sure it'll be worth the investment and brings
> me a little bit closer to sucess.

I see the co.uk version of myanimeguide is still available. Did you re-consider and go for something more appropriate?

Or did I miss something...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.