GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/06/06 at 22:25
Regular
Okay I'm having a CSS problem with my site, I have a bar with links in "block", at the moment the blocks are aligned on the left. How do I go about centering them in the middle?

Thanks in advanced :)

#block {
float:left;
clear:both;
background-color: #DEDECE;
width: 768px;
height:26px;
border-left: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-right: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-bottom: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
}

#block a {
text-align: center;
width: 90px;
text-decoration: none;
line-height: 26px;
display: block;
float: left;
}

#block a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}

#block span {
float: left;
line-height: 25px;
}

<div id="block">
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page1</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page2</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page3</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page4</a>
</div>

Thu 10/08/06 at 18:15
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> Oh if that's the case then that's another problem solved, I'll
> have a quick look.
>
> I should point out your host has to support that option too.

Okay I talked to them about it, they said I'd have to get them to update the IPS-TAG thingy and as for my other domains with my other host. They'll have to update the dns settings for the .com addresses. Aslong as I get to keep my domains that's all that matters ^_^

Now I can get back to designing my website :)
Thu 10/08/06 at 17:43
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Oh if that's the case then that's another problem solved, I'll
> have a quick look.

I should point out your host has to support that option too.
Thu 10/08/06 at 17:37
Regular
Garin wrote:
> You dont necessarily need to transfer your domains away from
> Freeola. I understand they allow you to update the nameservers
> for your domain?
> In which case you can keep the domains with freeola and have the
> hosting elsewhere. It could save you any additional costs
> anyway.

Oh if that's the case then that's another problem solved, I'll have a quick look.

I went for the data host, they seem to be really good and cheap, plus I can pay for 3 months instead of 6/12 which I just can't do.

65GB will do nicely for now, then if it everything goes well, to a dedicated server.
Thu 10/08/06 at 17:30
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Okay now that's the new webhost sorted :) Thanks Garin. Is it
> difficult to transfer domains from Freeola?

You dont necessarily need to transfer your domains away from Freeola. I understand they allow you to update the nameservers for your domain?
In which case you can keep the domains with freeola and have the hosting elsewhere. It could save you any additional costs anyway.
Thu 10/08/06 at 17:28
Regular
What does hosted domains and parked domains mean? If I was to guess umm hosted I'd be able to use like subdomains and point to a folder and parked just domains I have reserved but have no use for at the moment. Right?
Thu 10/08/06 at 16:39
Regular
Okay now that's the new webhost sorted :) Thanks Garin. Is it difficult to transfer domains from Freeola?
Thu 10/08/06 at 15:37
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:

> NB. I see you also mention sending out 10,000 emails regularly.
> I think you may find this is a bit OTT for a lot of providers
> 'fair use policies', so this is something else you will need to
> check.
>
> Hope this helps...

Talked to her about it, and found a good company (one of the best) unlimited everything £10 a month for 10,000 subscribers. It's costing more than my webhost but atleast I can just pay for a month or three. That'll take care of the newsletters then :D

Just still stuck for a new webhost. :(
Thu 10/08/06 at 13:35
Regular
Oooo cheers for that Hmmm :) I'll have a look at them now.
Thu 10/08/06 at 13:30
"Are you sure?"
FYI

One of the best places to learn SEO is WebmasterWorld [URL]http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/[/URL]

I've linked to their Google News forum but there are lots of other good resources there!

Then to get info direct from the horses mouth (Matt Cutts a Google employee) [URL]http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/[/URL]

He's recently started producing videos for various Google related topics which are worth a look.

By working your way through the above sites you'll soon find many of the answers you're looking for on the search engine front...
Thu 10/08/06 at 12:19
Regular
And according to that page it says I can "legitimately submit each subdomain to search directories because each offers a specific focus and unique content."

Which is a good thing in my case.

---

This page was good too subdomains Vs. folders

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.