GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/06/06 at 22:25
Regular
Okay I'm having a CSS problem with my site, I have a bar with links in "block", at the moment the blocks are aligned on the left. How do I go about centering them in the middle?

Thanks in advanced :)

#block {
float:left;
clear:both;
background-color: #DEDECE;
width: 768px;
height:26px;
border-left: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-right: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-bottom: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
}

#block a {
text-align: center;
width: 90px;
text-decoration: none;
line-height: 26px;
display: block;
float: left;
}

#block a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}

#block span {
float: left;
line-height: 25px;
}

<div id="block">
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page1</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page2</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page3</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page4</a>
</div>

Mon 21/08/06 at 09:31
"Are you sure?"
Sounds like you now need to start the transfer by visiting your new host and following their procedures.

For example Freeola's transfer process starts here:
http://getdotted.com/free-domain-name-transfers/
Mon 21/08/06 at 09:18
Regular
Okay this is annoying, it's been 4 days and my old host hasn't transfered my domain name. My new host told me it's them holding things up as it's still registered to them. So I sent them an email and they sent back this.

Thank you for contacting us.
The following domains are already being deleted from 1and1 effective on
August 17,2006. You can now be able to addit to your new company.

learn-the-language.com

What does that mean :/ I check the whois thing and it's still with them.
Thu 17/08/06 at 13:33
Regular
Ah so I can move the 3 domains I have with my other host 1&1 (who have been terrible service) and leave the one domain I bought from Freeola as it is and renew with them.

Thanks for that BW20 ^_^
Thu 17/08/06 at 13:27
Regular
"incognito"
Transfering your domain means moving the hosting and the domain renewals to another company.

Changing the dns nameservers moves your hosting to someone else but keep the renewals with Freeola.
Thu 17/08/06 at 13:12
Regular
Garin, or anyone I need you help. I'm transfering host. I'm given 2 options.

- Transfer My Existing Domain

- I will use My Existing Domain and update My Nameservers only

Which do I go for? What does it mean by updating My Nameservers only? :/
Thu 17/08/06 at 12:05
Regular
Okay it's decided, 4th September* will be my launch date. That gives me 2 and half weeks to finish everything. Not a long time but it'll encourage me to work harder and get it going. I still have a lot to do. First thing I'll do is switch webhost.

* - The other option was 9/11 but I dont think that's such a good idea
Thu 10/08/06 at 20:01
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> Well good luck with all of that...
>
> As you say, you have to be careful with affiliate programs -
> there's nothing that turns me off more than visiting a site
> that's plastered with ads and has very little real content!
>
> Let us all know when it's up and running - just so we can click
> your banners!!!

lol thanks. But yes you're very right, I think the best thing is that I'm more interested in the subject and helping people than actually earning money. So there will be a lot more useful content than pointless banners. So if anyone is to buy a book through amazon, it's because of my review (of it) and not a meaningless Amazon banner. As it's likely a review on Amazon lead me to buy the book anyway :)

I'm working hard to get it up as soon as possible, I hope I can get 3,000 visits on the first day :) I kinda made a bet with my girlfriend that I would. She thinks I'll get 200, I love a challenge :D There's also a few related websites and forums that I'll be placing adverts on. One forum (anime) I'll be placing a link on at a cost of £4 a month. They get 140,000 unique visitors a month.
Thu 10/08/06 at 19:46
"Are you sure?"
Well good luck with all of that...

As you say, you have to be careful with affiliate programs - there's nothing that turns me off more than visiting a site that's plastered with ads and has very little real content!

Let us all know when it's up and running - just so we can click your banners!!!
Thu 10/08/06 at 19:34
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> Glad to hear you've managed to sort things!

Me too, I was worried for a moment there. Perfect timing too, to be honest I was never happy with my current host and it was only half way through this that I realised I was about to upgrade and this was a good chance to find a better host and finally quit them :D

> You should start a new thread when you have your next query (you
> have quite a lot!) ;¬)

LOL yes, I'll rename this thread and do another one and start fresh. I have a few CSS problems needing answers but I got distracted.

> By the way - Did you see I commented earlier that you'll have
> some work to do to create an income solely from one new site
> running Adwords etc.?

Oh I did answer this, atleast I think I did ^^. Adsense is just one source of income for me. I know I won't get a lot from them. My girlfriend her website on scrapbooking she gets about 300 unique visits a day and only earns £100 a month. If I wanted to earn a decent wage then I'd need to earn atleast £200 a week so that would mean 8 times more visitors and clicks. Which is 2400 a day, which I'm sure I could easily reach but I doubt I'll get as many clicks. So I'll be offering ad space on my site for companies to place banners. It'll be easy for me on the Japanese language section as I have contact with several anime companies. And most people learning Japanese are anime fans :D

I've also signed up for other banner programs like eMiniMalls which you can use with Adsense.

I've also signed up with many affiliate programs, amazon for learning books and audio lessons, translation sites, yesasia for asian movies and DVDs. Allposters for photo prints and posters of countries. Then there's the travel booking affiliate programs. Quite a lot really but I'm not going to go nuts with it all. That would probably but my users off so I have to do it gently and not so in your face.

If all that fails then I'll accept paypal donations if I have trouble keeping the site going. :)

After this website is up and running I can then focus on travel photography. I'll create another website and blog and hopefully I'll be able to add my experiences of travel (and using the foreign languages) and photos to both my photography site and my language learning site. Then I can go ahead and set up a business selling prints :)

The anime domain you've mentioned is for my anime webcomic that is currently on hold, while I finish off the language website.
Thu 10/08/06 at 18:40
"Are you sure?"
Glad to hear you've managed to sort things!

You should start a new thread when you have your next query (you have quite a lot!) ;¬)

By the way - Did you see I commented earlier that you'll have some work to do to create an income solely from one new site running Adwords etc.?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.