GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Tue 07/10/03 at 16:51
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> DreamWarBird wrote:
> I have this on Dreamcast, and not being a massive RPG fan.
>
> Ive spent alot of time playing this game (30+ hours), but i put it
> down cause of the many random battles.
>
> Still have it?

Yep :)
Tue 07/10/03 at 17:11
Regular
If I want mini games I would buy Super Monkey Ball. If I want one of the best and most solid RPG I will play Skies of Arcadia.
Tue 07/10/03 at 17:39
Regular
The random battles haven't got annoying thus far...

Perhaps toneing them down slightly would be better... but they're not pure hell yet.
Tue 07/10/03 at 19:24
"The Will of D."
Random battles get less anoying once you get the ability to go above and below the normal cloud limit, this is after you get back from the purple moon crystal dungeon.
Tue 07/10/03 at 20:29
"period drama"
The random battles are pretty infrequent conpared to a lot of other RPGs. You can go a far way sometimes without battling. It wouldn't be so bad if you could heal up at the save points.

Still rocks. Muchly.
Tue 07/10/03 at 20:48
Regular
You can heal up but to do so you need to sleep the night where ever you are going.
Tue 07/10/03 at 21:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hey all.

Got up to the Pyramid thing, just come out and have to battle the Giga. That takes away loads of my health and I have to waste what few healing items I have. Then I have another boss after that, which usually wastes me before I get a chance to use the Harpoon Cannoon. I've saved right before, so I can't go and buy loads of stuff.. Any help on surviving?
Tue 07/10/03 at 21:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That battles annoying - learn Bellezzas patterns, and defend/focus/repair until the harpoon cannon is ready.

Goddamn you need a magic cannon. Scri/um etc, Increm, Quika.......
Tue 07/10/03 at 21:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cyclone wrote:
> That battles annoying - learn Bellezzas patterns, and
> defend/focus/repair until the harpoon cannon is ready.

Yeh, usually die before then though.. I do know her patterns well though, for instance I can tell you know she always Defends on the last turn of turn two. I really shouldn't have saved with hardly any health items right before the battles, I guess, but I didn't know they were coming. Kinda short-sighted of the game, don't ya think?
Tue 07/10/03 at 22:56
"The Will of D."
There is a way to not get hit by the gigas at all, still takes as long just to get to Belleza anyways, but before you start the battle i would recomend that the person with the remaining MPs learn Sacres, but if you have no problem wit MP supplies and all characters have Sacres then your in for a real easy ride after the gigas.

Okay to the point, the gigas has only one attack per round, this is denoted by the red square on the attacking board, if you use one of the secondary cannons before that turn and continue it on to it, plus attack using a main cannond on the turn he fires then he will utterly miss, now, when he gets to 2 ttacks per round you should have enough SP to contend with the increase, this only lasts one turn until you are given the choice to go fight Belleza, if you followed that breif guide then you will not get hit AT ALL by the gigas, and save your supplies for the sweet(you'll see why later on in the game), and respectable Woman that is Admiral belleza
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.