GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Tue 07/10/03 at 23:04
Regular
I might have to go back to the game after Film 2003.
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cheers for the help there, only one problem.. I don't have secondary cannons :S Did I miss the chance to buy them? I remember finding out about them on Pirate Island, but they were never for sale.. so I can't stop getting hit by the Giga. :(
Wed 08/10/03 at 07:57
"The Will of D."
Well what are the connons you do have in each of your ships four weapon slots?
It mostly only takes 1 shot to deflect his shots anyway, but the secondary cannons are there so you will at least be able to hit him at least once if something misses, and it will with only one cannon.
Wed 08/10/03 at 12:21
Regular
*Over Dringo's head*

Started playing 007 Nightfire today... boy is that slow.
Wed 08/10/03 at 12:33
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Dringo wrote:
> *Over Dringo's head*
>
> Started playing 007 Nightfire today... boy is that slow.

It gets better... a little. The last few levels are the best of a rather mediocre game. The weapons improve but remain nowhere as good a Timesplitters guns.
Wed 08/10/03 at 12:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You don't get secondary cannons till later.

The final Delphinius combo + Increm on my game is sooo powerful!
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:17
"The Will of D."
I really like the moon gun (or is it cannon) it's really powerful against the really annoying non-story battles, I just like to take it out on the people that try to attack me for no reason.

What connon wasit that you start ut with then, i've forgotten already.
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I am always hitting the Giga with the cannons, but unless it's with the harpoon cannon it never knocks it off-target :S
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:48
"The Will of D."
I wouldn't try to destroy the red gigas, it has infite health in the desert area, just try not to kill and try to survive.
Wed 08/10/03 at 18:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
That's what I'm doing!! But you can't survive while getting hit every turn and using up health items which I should be saving until Belleza. The only turn I avoid getting hit on is the one when I hit the Giga with the harpoon cannon.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.