GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Mon 06/10/03 at 19:17
Regular
Best game I've ever played. Finished it a couple of days ago.
I thought it made Zelda look very ordinary.

Sure, it wasn't perfect.
Random battles were annoying until you could avoid them, though lambda burst / omega cyclone (with everyone else on guard and holding z to avoid the move's animation) could finish most of them within one turn anyway, so it wasn't really that bad.

But the plot and the attention to detail were amazing. And there was so much to do outside the main quests. It's even converted me to turn-based combat games.

Best game I've ever played.

*Puts MWA in prison*
The sentence for not liking what I like is death :^P
Mon 06/10/03 at 19:39
Regular
Bought it. Played it. got annoyed with random battles. Sold it.

Great game, though.
Mon 06/10/03 at 19:42
Regular
Without the battles you wouldn't be able to level up to fight the harder bosses. Now sieze your inane ramblings and enjoy one of the finest games to date. Was my favourite RPG until Knights of the Old Republic. Now that is truly unbeatable.

Nearly finished Skies and will be back to it within the next week.
Mon 06/10/03 at 19:44
Regular
That doesn't stop them from being annoying.
Mon 06/10/03 at 19:46
Regular
Depends how you look at it. I enjoyed them as levelling up was made such a blast in SOA. Not annoying for me to be honest.
Mon 06/10/03 at 19:54
Regular
There's a sequel coming out?
Mon 06/10/03 at 19:59
Regular
Yep supposedly next February but I doubt it will make it.
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:05
Regular
Mav, wasn'tyou dying?
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:07
Regular
SOAL2?

Out on all systems, I suppose?
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:07
Regular
Nope, Cube exclusive.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.