GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:09
Regular
loopylaura!!! wrote:
> Mav, wasn'tyou dying?

What now?
Mon 06/10/03 at 21:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
February?!!

I go look now.

BETTER HAVE A DECENT SCRIPT!

None of this awful 'Believe in yourself and you can do anything' crammed down my throat every 10 frickin' minutes!

Give us some darker edges to the game. PLEAASE!
Tue 07/10/03 at 08:09
"The Will of D."
I thought this game was absolutely amazing, even when i thought the game would end coz i was so far into it, it didn't. I even replayed it for the second time and it still took 60+ hours to go through what i did before plus collecting all Moonfish and chams, and Moonberries. But at least on my second go round I only ran from random battles 9 times in the entire game! I got the best rank ever which was "Vyse the King of Rogues", absolutely brilliant, plus Fina also got to learn all of the spells, all 36 of em.

How far are you into the game, umm (forgot your name)? coz I still don't think your finishing soon unless you are at the Soltis place.
Tue 07/10/03 at 09:19
Regular
I liked the script; true it was a bit of a 'Mystical Cliche', you could say, but all in all it worked well. Some of the characters that appeared, though, were simply genius.
Tue 07/10/03 at 10:33
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Finished it 2 weeks ago and just thought 'mehhh'. Playing it through was too much of a pain and the story didn't really have that special magic I've seen in other RPG games. It had good moments but there were no real highlights. It was just the same thing oooover and oooover....
Tue 07/10/03 at 11:13
Regular
That can be said for any RPG. SOA is about as diverse as they come. Even the latest and greatest KOTOR is just more of the same set in different areas under different stories. Much more varies the latter Final Fantasy games.
Tue 07/10/03 at 11:58
Regular
I thought it was good, but I sold my copy before I finished it because I couldn't be ar$ed to play it anymore.

Got up to the bit where Fina and bloke bird get split up from Vyse, then never played it again.

The random battles bored me and I just lost the will to play it anymore.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:16
I love random battles. Well, in things like FF I do. An essential part of the game you see...
Tue 07/10/03 at 15:00
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> That can be said for any RPG. SOA is about as diverse as they come.

Not at all - the obvious comparison here is FF. Every FF has got tons of mini-games (some of which could be sold as complete games in themselves). Snowboarding in FF7, triple triad in FF8, Chocobo treasure hunting in FF9.. all the little opera and musical sections that are a break from the usual.

I can't think of one point in the 50+ hours I spent playing SOA where the gameplay varied off the path of flying around searching the map, fighting random/boss battles and watching cut scenes. There were barely even any puzzles - just button switching ones a la Tomb Raider.
Tue 07/10/03 at 16:17
"The Will of D."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I thought it was good, but I sold my copy before I finished it because
> I couldn't be ar$ed to play it anymore.
>
> Got up to the bit where Fina and bloke bird get split up from Vyse,
> then never played it again.
>
> The random battles bored me and I just lost the will to play it
> anymore.

My God! that was only half way through the game, more or less. That was hardly anything in the main story of it all.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.