GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:15
Regular
Warhunt wrote:
> darksoul wrote:
> hey guys i am stuck the first battle snow has after gettin off
> the big ship u can use the shiva sisters on the boss and then u
> can fight it after but all i have to heal myself is potions and
> it takes to long to heal is there any advice u guys can give me?
> thx

>
> You pretty much don't want to have to fight it after the Sisters
> disappear. Make sure when you are using the sisters in Gestalt
> mode you focus on the big robot, and use all the moves you can
> (Use <- + X, then X, then <- X) until you get to like 1 or
> 2 seconds left. Then unleash the special move (Triangle button).
> This should pretty much finish it off, along with the minions.
>
> If it has pretty decent health left at the end, then it should be
> near stagger. If not..... retry.
>
> Make sure when you retry you level Snow's Crystarium up as at
> this point he is seriously underpowered due to not fighting for
> about 5 hours :D
>
> EDIT: No Darksoul, this one was :D

thx m8 i will have a go after work l8r on! i have not played in 4 days coz it was doin my nut in so i was playin cod instead lol
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
darksoul wrote:
> hey guys i am stuck the first battle snow has after gettin off
> the big ship u can use the shiva sisters on the boss and then u
> can fight it after but all i have to heal myself is potions and
> it takes to long to heal is there any advice u guys can give me?
> thx

You pretty much don't want to have to fight it after the Sisters disappear. Make sure when you are using the sisters in Gestalt mode you focus on the big robot, and use all the moves you can (Use <- + X, then X, then <- X) until you get to like 1 or 2 seconds left. Then unleash the special move (Triangle button). This should pretty much finish it off, along with the minions.

If it has pretty decent health left at the end, then it should be near stagger. If not..... retry.

Make sure when you retry you level Snow's Crystarium up as at this point he is seriously underpowered due to not fighting for about 5 hours :D

EDIT: No Darksoul, this one was :D
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:09
Regular
was that reply for me m8?
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:08
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
At max (without items) Snow has exactly 30,000. Fang has 24,000, Lightning and Vanille have around 20k (vanille over, light under slightly).

The extra 6k would help, but Snow's damage just seems to be poor compared. Besides I have just upgraded to a T7 HP Acc, which gives 2300HP at lvl 32. So pretty handy on Light and Vanille.

And endgame enemies (real ones... Shaolong Gui and Mission 64) do moves where you pretty much have to use SEN/SEN/SEN to survive anyway.
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:05
Regular
hey guys i am stuck the first battle snow has after gettin off the big ship u can use the shiva sisters on the boss and then u can fight it after but all i have to heal myself is potions and it takes to long to heal is there any advice u guys can give me? thx
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:01
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
To be honest, I did the whole game without a SYN so they're not exactly essential, in my opinion. Once I get back on it and give a few missions a go I may just change my mind however...
Wed 07/04/10 at 12:58
Regular
"THFC"
So harder battles you start SAB/SYN/SYN

Hmm interesting, i still like using snow, just because of hit high HP, if he didnt have that i would have him out, but i imagine Fang will get better HP (not as good, but still good)

So might have to bring her in!!
Wed 07/04/10 at 12:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Glad someone is going to do the missions as well as me though :D Not giving up 'til Plat.

[SPOILER]
To be honest she doesn't learn haste, but Fang and Lightning do. Having 3 people with Haste is a nightmare anyway, as they all target the same person following the same move priority.

(SYN follows this:
Self-Haste
Leader- Haste
Other- Haste
Self- Protect/Shell/Barthunder/fire/whatever*
Leader- Protect/Shell/Barthunder/fire/whatever*
etc

Depending on what the enemy stats are- High mag = Shell, devastating fire =barfire...

I say she is better because Hope never learns the -ra version of buffs, and that is important endgame. For example Bravera =75% extra pyh damage, Brave = 25%.

So I start with SAB/SYN/SYN and lightning does haste, whilst vanille does the rest. Theoretically. Although to be honest I imagine Sazh may be better for the tactic I use now. Still thinking about it.
Wed 07/04/10 at 10:43
Regular
"THFC"
I think i will probably end up completing the game, doing a couple bits and pieces then leaving it.

Too many other games and i guess i can always go back to it!

Really need to push on, still at CH11 lol
Wed 07/04/10 at 10:28
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Managed to finish off the game last night, finished the last boss (the last stage of it anyway) in just over a minute and a half, next exactly difficult! Got me a nice gold trophy too!

In my opinion, the mobs leading up to the last encounter were a lot harder, I even resorted to skipping a few as I just couldn't get them down (or could, but after about 10 minutes).

Opened up stage 10 of the crystarium now and will have a look around it when I am on next.

Now comes the missions and grinding!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.