GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Mon 15/03/10 at 18:45
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> Not sure where you got Syn from in this bit :P

I meant Sentinal... :/

I'm loving this switching system though - amazing how changing class line up can change the flow of the battle!
Tue 16/03/10 at 08:19
Regular
"THFC"
Played a bit more last night, a quick question for anyone further in the game. Is it worth upgrading the early weapons?? I was upgrading the Gladius to lv4 and then thought, should i have done that or do i wait for better weapons....?

Oh and i am now at;

Show Spoiler

Oh and a quick question about a Trophy is anyone might be able to help

Show Spoiler

Thanks!
Tue 16/03/10 at 08:27
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Emmie87 wrote:
> Oh and a quick question about a Trophy is anyone might be able to
> help
>
>
Show Spoiler

For you, Emmie :)

Show Spoiler
Tue 16/03/10 at 08:42
Regular
"THFC"
Well i read that the trophy/achievement is for doing that, but it did not mention is you had to use the skill twice or anything??

Guess you can go back and get it. It is a Gold Trophy and seems the easiest to get by a long shot!
Tue 16/03/10 at 10:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The Loremaster trophy is probably easiest to get (for a gold :S).

Show Spoiler

However......

Show Spoiler

The trophy itself will only appear when you have a tick next to the enemies name in the Enemy intel meaning 100% info. So you don't have to use the skill more than once or at all.
Tue 16/03/10 at 10:31
Regular
"THFC"
Oh cool, thanks Warhunt.

So any advice on the weapon upgrade??
Tue 16/03/10 at 10:51
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Oh yeah. Don't do it. Until Chapter 11 it is the most wasted system ever.

Although there is no real harm if you do.

Basically the weapon system works as such....

ALL weapons you get have 3 tiers. You upgrade them until they "star" (Edged Carbine stars at lvl 26 for example), then transform into tier 2, then upgradem then transform into tier 3. Tier 3 is always the same weapon name for each character (Omega Weapon for Lightning...) just it has different stats based on the weapon you upgraded it from.

So it certainly will not hurt to upgrade them, as you will find yourself using the same weapons over throughout the game. I still use Edged Carbine for Lightning because it her weapon with the best magic (although I swap to Gladius because the opposite is true when in Commando).

I'm starting upgrading tonight. If I'm not asleep being ill.....
Tue 16/03/10 at 12:09
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
My advice (if you don't already know it) is to use a few of the beast drops like wicked fang to get your upgrade multiplier up to 1.5/1.75/2x before sending in the heavy guns such as the items bought from the garage. Basically I buy 5 each of some beast items and then a few expensive components, and with the 2x experience multiplier it means I can upgrade weapons quick smart.

Your experience multipliers tend to disappear after using the heavier components so it's best to try and get as much experience as you can out of them in one go.
Tue 16/03/10 at 12:41
Regular
"THFC"
Thanks Warhunt!

I guess everyone plays the game different, So are there many weapons for each charatcer?? Or am i more than likely going to stay with the Gladius until the end?

Timbo - i was doing this last night to get the most out of things. Managed to level everyone's weapons up to level 3 and still got plenty of components and big hitters left!!
Tue 16/03/10 at 15:32
Regular
hey m8 i am stuck on the shiva sisters have u got any advice as i have tried bout 10 or 15 times tryin and i only get the gage up to 75% b4 i am dead :(
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.