GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Wed 07/04/10 at 08:23
Regular
"THFC"
WOW!

So does she become the strongest? Does Vanille learn Haste? i was thinking about levelling up her as a SYN but CP are precious at the moment and did not want to go off track lol.

Didnt manage to get on last night and probably wont again tonight, boo!! But i will be back on it soon hopefully.
Tue 06/04/10 at 15:54
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I got that trophy first time through without really trying, as did MotoMoto (we think). It really is not that hard trust me, don't know why it is a gold trophy.

Although saying that so was Loremaster so.....

And party wise...

[SPOILER] I have swapped Hope for Vanille (mainly because her SYN spells are better than his.... Bravera over Brave, Protectra over Protect etc). Hope never learns these spells and his low HP make him very bad for post game :( (Although really miss his healing in some fights)

I use Fang and Lightning still, but leader with Fang all the time now. Mainly because her Highwind move is the key for the tough fights. 1.6million damage in one move? Yes please.
Tue 06/04/10 at 15:42
Regular
"THFC"
Really lol, what team you been using then?

Don't you get a trophy for doing the last part of the last boss and getting 5 stars??
Tue 06/04/10 at 15:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Not too much left anyway that this little extra will overpower you for. Went back and redid the final boss with the Cryst maxed out and it wasn't even funny. Killed it in about 1 minute.
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:37
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, i was reading back and saw it but was unsure about the fact getting to 14 unlocked it.

I will give it a go and see how i get on, also it must make you fairly strong for the rest of the game
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:19
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It depends. If you read my post previously then you will see why I suggest to go to mission 14, and then move on.

For your convenience again though.... (and bear in mind it's only opinion which will make grinding easier if you are going to do everything)
[SPOILER]
Mission 14 unlocks the use of the Chocobo in the Steppe. Also doing up to mission 14 ensures that mission 55 is open and "takeable" when you reach Oerba Village.

And that is the mission you need (plus the Chocobo) to get to the Neochu mark down using the Death spam "tactic" and get a Growth Egg early.
Tue 06/04/10 at 13:58
Regular
"THFC"
Wow, thats dedication Warhunt, i will complete it and then move on.

So many games to play at the moment, and finding time to get away from Battlefield to play this is hard enough lol.

Oh and Warhunt..........
Show Spoiler
Tue 06/04/10 at 12:32
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It's rather long winded but well worth it Em. Really cuts down the grinding time.

Almost at Platinum now. And just hit 74 hours :S

Got 5 stars on Mission 1-63, just 64 to go (arguably the hardest enemy in the game). Most are easy enough when you carry some shrouds, but some are bloody hard.

Almost got the treasure trophy too, not far off. Need one more ultimate weapon, then upgrade all the other weapons to Tier 2, then 3/4 more accessories to upgrade into T2. Easy....... ish.
Tue 06/04/10 at 09:47
Regular
"THFC"
Did a bit at the weekend, got into Chapter 11

Show Spoiler
Tue 06/04/10 at 08:48
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not quite finished the game yet, although I get the feeling I'm right before the last boss, just didn't have the time to put into it over the past couple of days. Got all 3 of my girls up to star level tier 2 weapons though.

Spent most of my weekend playing FIFA or Uncharted 2 online, if I'm honest: :)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.