GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Tue 16/03/10 at 15:38
Regular
"THFC"
I can only talk from how i did it;

I switched to Sentinel and just used all abilities when i could. I did not have any attack skills, only the basic ones you get with the role.

I took all the damage they would throw at me until the bar hit the word Gesalt and the Square button appeared (which does look 75% of the bar!)
Tue 16/03/10 at 15:47
Regular
thx i will give it a few more goes lol its a lil tiresome goin over the same thing over and over lol
Tue 16/03/10 at 15:53
Regular
you know the word gestalt does that have to b covered up on the bar or is the word still showin wen u beat her?
Tue 16/03/10 at 15:53
Regular
"THFC"
Yeah i know - there are a couple other people who can help out more, if not try the walkthrough button above the posts, might be helpful!

But i know i had nothing apart from the basic stuff on Snow as a Sentinel and did it first time.

EDIT:

Click the spoiler button for the walkthrough's answer
Show Spoiler
Tue 16/03/10 at 15:54
Regular
show off lol
Tue 16/03/10 at 15:55
Regular
"THFC"
darksoul wrote:
> show off lol

haha - well when you face Odin, that took me like 6 goes. Kept dying!!

Check my earlier post, i edited it with walkthrough details!
Tue 16/03/10 at 16:00
Regular
its all well and good usin sen but u cant attack with sen!!
Tue 16/03/10 at 16:12
Regular
"THFC"
I know - but when you use your defense abilities, they will attack and this causes the guage to rise.

I am sure this is the case and should help you get past this bit.
Like the walkthrough said, use Steelguard as they attack you, but they heal you all the time so no worries about healing.
Tue 16/03/10 at 16:23
Regular
thx for ur help m8 i got past it now i didnt think just defendin would work i was attackin while she was not attackin me
Wed 17/03/10 at 07:56
Regular
"THFC"
Glad i could help, thats what were here for!

Hope you enjoy the game and also join in with this site, try your hand at winning some Free games or a £30 Voucher!!

Managed to get a few hours done last night, i have been upgrading my weapons, well mainly Lightening's Gladius (saw Warhunt said he still used it, so figure its one of the better weapons for her?)

Show Spoiler

Enjoying the battle system, story and the level up system all now. I think the more you play, the more it grows on you.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.