GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:07
Regular
Just seen it in action - I am wowed.

One of my local retailers had an Xbox pod running and were showing the PS2 version running on TV screens around the shop.

The Xbox one looks far superior with a clearer screen, reflections in the windows, etc.

Anyway, the pendulem swinging looks really cool - not quite like the movies, but that would be hard to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than the first Spider-man Movie game.

I didn't have the time to keep watching it though, but I am glad I chose it as a GAD prize ages ago - I cannae wait!
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:17
Regular
Yup. Very impressive stuff, especially the fact that there are no load times (except when you go indoors or when a cutscene loads) yet still manages to run at a constant 60fps.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:21
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:
> yet still manages to run at a constant 60fps.

No it doesn't and that is in 60hz mode. Unless you are running it in 60hz mode I have no idea how you know it is running at 60FPS, including the obvious slow down early on.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:29
Regular
I don't recall much slowdown, but it's only because it referred to it as 60fps in many reviews that I assumed that it was.

Anyway, stop getting so worked up over it. And stop your bloody nit picking.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> No it doesn't and that is in 60hz mode. Unless you are running it in
> 60hz mode I have no idea how you know it is running at 60FPS,
> including the obvious slow down early on.

Nontheless it's still very impressive. From the Empire State Building you can see the entire city, and on some of the other extremely tall buildings you can even see the cars down on street level. I'm impressed, especially when you consider how poor Vice Cities draw distance is in relation. When you go onto the taller building there's hardly anything down on the streets.
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:12
Regular
And at least, you can always see all the buildings, even if they aren't in much detail from far away.
Sat 10/07/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> From the Empire State Building you can see the entire city, and on some > of the other extremely tall buildings you can even see the cars down on > street level.

Actually, you can even see the cars from atop the Empire State Building too. It really is brilliant diving off that thing, my biggest drop without hitting the ground is 1328ft, and it was from that building.
Sat 10/07/04 at 16:00
Regular
1388 is my biggest drop so far.
Sat 10/07/04 at 16:09
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I think I need this game.
Sat 10/07/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Yeah time for a GAD attempt.
Sat 10/07/04 at 17:43
Regular
Just completed it after a frustrating fight with Doctor Ock, but still, it had a good ending.

And now the game wants me to earn another 50,000 Hero Points *sigh*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.