GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:07
Regular
Just seen it in action - I am wowed.

One of my local retailers had an Xbox pod running and were showing the PS2 version running on TV screens around the shop.

The Xbox one looks far superior with a clearer screen, reflections in the windows, etc.

Anyway, the pendulem swinging looks really cool - not quite like the movies, but that would be hard to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than the first Spider-man Movie game.

I didn't have the time to keep watching it though, but I am glad I chose it as a GAD prize ages ago - I cannae wait!
Sat 10/07/04 at 19:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I found out a brilliant move today. You can reel in criminals with one web whilst you swing by on another one. So if you get surrounded by a gang you can simply swing over their heads and reel in one at a time. Then gain some height and press A to drop them to the ground. It's a really good tactic, divide and conquer.
Sat 10/07/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> 1388 is my biggest drop so far.

I've now got 1446, but whenever I try to go lower I just smack concrete.

:)
Sat 10/07/04 at 23:50
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
im up to that stupid bit with the UFO's, this is the only bit of the game ive hated so far its just stupid.
Sun 11/07/04 at 12:24
Regular
Just realised that I heard Bender from Futuramas' voice in the game while I was beating up some strange green robots.

Checked the manual, and sure enough it turns out that John Dimaggio does the voice of Rhino as well as some other characters...
Sun 11/07/04 at 14:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Might as well use this thread, seeing as everyone else is.

I still can't get over just how big this game is. I found Manhattan Bridge yesterday, and went along it to get to that island. But I went too far, and when I turned round I thought the island had disappeared because I couldn't find it. But the huge mass of buildings that I thought was the main city was actually the island - it was that big!
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:19
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> I've now got 1446

1466 ;)

I will be surprised if you can better that, I was literally scraping the floor. Awesome jump though.
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:20
Regular
Make that 1467 now :)
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:21
Regular
1504 now, I lied, it can be bigger :)
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:26
Regular
Hohohoh...

:)
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Damn, I think I'm going to have to get-a reviewing, as it sounds like I need this game, on a grand scale.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.