GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:07
Regular
Just seen it in action - I am wowed.

One of my local retailers had an Xbox pod running and were showing the PS2 version running on TV screens around the shop.

The Xbox one looks far superior with a clearer screen, reflections in the windows, etc.

Anyway, the pendulem swinging looks really cool - not quite like the movies, but that would be hard to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than the first Spider-man Movie game.

I didn't have the time to keep watching it though, but I am glad I chose it as a GAD prize ages ago - I cannae wait!
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:29
Regular
If he went to the one I think he did, no.
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm really hoping to pick this up tomorrow, I can see this game lasting ages and I'm thinking about picking up Mashed for the PS2 as well. Those two games should tide me over for quite a while.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Has anyone seen the TV advert for this yet? It always says, "available on PS2 now", er....did someone just completely forget about X-Box and GC then?
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:01
Regular
It'll be Sony advertising the game.

I seem to remember Nintendo pulled off the same stunt with Soul Calibur 2.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Lou Role wrote:
> I'm really hoping to pick this up tomorrow, I can see this game
> lasting ages and I'm thinking about picking up Mashed for the PS2 as
> well. Those two games should tide me over for quite a while.

Mashed is excellent fun, just like Micro Machines used to be! "Raargh, I exploded!"!!
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
monkey_man wrote:
> Mashed is excellent fun, just like Micro Machines used to be!
> "Raargh, I exploded!"!!

Yea that's the reason I'm considering it. I loved Micro Machines on the Mega-Drive so this should be great. But it's the multi-player mode that I like the look of. I haven't got any good multi-player games on my PS2, so this should change that.
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:53
Regular
Hrmm, seems like most shops had it on sale anyway today.

Still, got it through the post today and it really is excellent. I've spent way too long this evening just web-swinging about the city because it's so damn fun.
Thu 08/07/04 at 23:04
Regular
The reason I am getting the game tomorrow is purely for the pick up and play factor where you can just move around the city freely. Looks excellent fun from the videos I have seen despite the fact that the actual story and missions look repetitive and quite tedious to be honest. Hopefully the missions will offer more than what the videos suggest as the rest of the game looks pretty damn fantastic, the massively improved game physics and new swinging physics being the main reason.
Thu 08/07/04 at 23:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Lou Role wrote:
> Has anyone seen the TV advert for this yet? It always says,
> "available on PS2 now", er....did someone just completely
> forget about X-Box and GC then?

That'll be because Spider-Man 2 is a Sony Pictures movie, then.
Thu 08/07/04 at 23:44
Regular
Looks alright in the videos though a bit simple..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.