GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:07
Regular
Just seen it in action - I am wowed.

One of my local retailers had an Xbox pod running and were showing the PS2 version running on TV screens around the shop.

The Xbox one looks far superior with a clearer screen, reflections in the windows, etc.

Anyway, the pendulem swinging looks really cool - not quite like the movies, but that would be hard to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than the first Spider-man Movie game.

I didn't have the time to keep watching it though, but I am glad I chose it as a GAD prize ages ago - I cannae wait!
Fri 09/07/04 at 00:47
Regular
Bit like you really...well the 'simple' part.
Fri 09/07/04 at 00:53
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm Spider man! No really..I am!
Fri 09/07/04 at 13:24
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Bit like you really...well the 'simple' part.

What do you want me to do? Run around spamming the 'CHAT' forum with boring crap as it is? I was just saying what i was seeing from the looks of the video!
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:42
Regular
Picked it up tonight, spent a couple of hours just going to the top of the crane near where you start and just diving off. The fighting is excellent, as is the slow motion. Great fun and I have barely even touched the story mode yet. Will probably lob full opinions on it tomorrow.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I got Spider-Man today and it's really great fun. First thing I did was to have a dive off of the Empire State Building; it was fantastic. Plus you get some real heart stopping moments when you start to head towards the ground and you can't stick a web to anything, then suddenly you manage to connect one and you go swinging away down the street with some fast momentum. The controls are fantastic as well, it's really easy to work your way around and it's easy to turn corners while swinging. I haven't even started the main story yet, just been messing around.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:44
Regular
First thing? The area is locked first thing.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:45
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I want this muchly. Hurry up GADdage.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
After the small tutorial you can do whatever you want. But if you go ahead of the guy explaining the tutorial, he'll say you seem to be fine on your own and he'll let you go on your way.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:11
Regular
Hrmm...just got onto the part where Doctor Ock gets the tenticles grafted onto him, and it's quite a while into the story.

His tenticles are pretty amazing in motion though, and they look extremely realistic in the cutscenes. It's suprising how well they captured all his movements, and it's particularly cool when Spidey dodges his attacks.

Just got the Level 5 swinging upgrade, and it's amazing how fast Spider-Man goes. Really excellent stuff.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
On a little side note, is anyone else impressed with the draw distance? San Andreas better take note.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.