GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Got this with my Xbox a couple of weeks back only to ignore. For me it just didn't live up to all the hype and after discussing this with Notorious Biggles I though I would go back and give it another go. Well after playing it a second time round I must say its truly...amazing. After getting past where I got to last time (343 Guilty Spark) it was time to take on The Libary. After many people saying it was the worst level in the game I really cant see how. It was the level that introduced the hardcore shooter it is known for.

All those Flood just running at you its immense. At the moment im on the last bit with that massive 3km drive to the ship in a Warthog.

Great is all I can say now I see why its rated so highly.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:20
Regular
"consoles are cool"
this game is brilliant ive completed it on legendary and the ai is ten times as good just runing up to an elite can get u killed in a few seconds its taken me so long it takes about an hour to complete 1 level
but you get this whole new aspect from the game fear,fear that they will kill u beacouse there so good.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:03
Regular
Yes, but I'm just giving an example of a reverse argument.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The real strength lies in the multiplayer though - I've never had such tense engagements as the sniper matches in Blood Gulch, or Sidewinder. The single player is good, amazing in fact, but it's the multiplayer that I'm looking forward to most in the new one because I enjoy it so much in this one.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:01
Regular
But it isn't the best game on the Xbox, Riddick and Ninja Gaiden are better games. The majority of complaints come from Nintendo fans, quite plain to see.
Sat 10/07/04 at 10:58
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> What that part of it appears to be jealousy that the Gamecube doesn't
> have Halo?

It's not tackling the criticism head on. Anyone could turn it around and say "Xbox fans don't want to admit Halo's faults because it's their best game."

It's ridiculous.
Sat 10/07/04 at 10:13
Regular
": ("
I Herby declare this thread as 'The Official Halo Thread'!

*plays drums*

Ba ba boom ba booyah!
Sat 10/07/04 at 02:55
Regular
"8==="
gamesfreak wrote:
>
> *anticipates a Halo 2 bashing thread in 2 years time*

Exactly.
Sat 10/07/04 at 02:53
Regular
"8==="
Is this where we get the 'But GC has Timesplitters 2!' comments that always make me laugh.

Or does Metroid Prime get pushed out and there's a debate about whether it is actually an FPS or not? :D

*Imagines playing Halo on GC controller*

Ugh, not good.

Still I'll have to get used to the tiny thing for FPS play if I want to grab the new Serious Sam... :S
Sat 10/07/04 at 00:09
"I love yo... lamp."
What that part of it appears to be jealousy that the Gamecube doesn't have Halo?
Sat 10/07/04 at 00:07
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> OK, it was a bit of a generalisation. I admit that. But the point
> about Halo's biggest detractors all being big Nintendo fans is true.

...and possibly the thinnest argument ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.