GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Got this with my Xbox a couple of weeks back only to ignore. For me it just didn't live up to all the hype and after discussing this with Notorious Biggles I though I would go back and give it another go. Well after playing it a second time round I must say its truly...amazing. After getting past where I got to last time (343 Guilty Spark) it was time to take on The Libary. After many people saying it was the worst level in the game I really cant see how. It was the level that introduced the hardcore shooter it is known for.

All those Flood just running at you its immense. At the moment im on the last bit with that massive 3km drive to the ship in a Warthog.

Great is all I can say now I see why its rated so highly.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Got this with my Xbox a couple of weeks back only to ignore. For me it just didn't live up to all the hype and after discussing this with Notorious Biggles I though I would go back and give it another go. Well after playing it a second time round I must say its truly...amazing. After getting past where I got to last time (343 Guilty Spark) it was time to take on The Libary. After many people saying it was the worst level in the game I really cant see how. It was the level that introduced the hardcore shooter it is known for.

All those Flood just running at you its immense. At the moment im on the last bit with that massive 3km drive to the ship in a Warthog.

Great is all I can say now I see why its rated so highly.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:05
Regular
"\\"
It's over rated...

But damn, it's still the best game ever. :P
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Insert Gently"
I thought 343 Guilty Spark was a very scary level it was where the Flood were first introduced and it was a complete surprise, the noise they mmake and they didn't stop coming...Very hard on Legendary cos you have no Shotgun
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Completed it. Not a half bad ending either and soe of the best damn menue music I have ever heard. Guilty Spark was my most hated level to be honest. And the best was probobly where you have to destroy the 3 generators. Mainly because of the banshees and the all out war between flood and covenant out in the snow. Great great game.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:16
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Assault On The Control Room - Great level
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:32
Regular
Guilty Spark had excellent atmosphere up to the point where all the mushrooms started running at me, all that atmosphere wasted on a bunch of Mario World rejects.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:40
Regular
Played it for the first time on co-op today, after Matt insisted it was far better than 1-player. I personally see no difference, Halo's just a good shooter and nothing more. Maybe it was a groundbreaking experience when it was first released, but for me it's just a disappointment. I've got a lot more fun out of Serious Sam, and the Serious Jeep has homing rocket launchers, therefore it's better than the Warthog.

Now before you all burn me at the stake, I'm not saying Serious Sam is better, it's obvious Halo's the better game, I've just got a lot more fun out of the former, and isn't that the point of playing games?
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:04
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Guilty Spark had excellent atmosphere up to the point where all the
> mushrooms started running at me, all that atmosphere wasted on a
> bunch of Mario World rejects.

Their annoying little fcukers, esp in The Library level
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:31
Regular
Oh.

I didn't realise the definition of 'hardcore shooter' was 'walk forwards whilst holding the trigger down'.

Maybe some sort of...enemy intelligence or a room that wasn't long and straight would have made it better.
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:32
Regular
When you play games on Easy I don't know what you expect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.