GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Got this with my Xbox a couple of weeks back only to ignore. For me it just didn't live up to all the hype and after discussing this with Notorious Biggles I though I would go back and give it another go. Well after playing it a second time round I must say its truly...amazing. After getting past where I got to last time (343 Guilty Spark) it was time to take on The Libary. After many people saying it was the worst level in the game I really cant see how. It was the level that introduced the hardcore shooter it is known for.

All those Flood just running at you its immense. At the moment im on the last bit with that massive 3km drive to the ship in a Warthog.

Great is all I can say now I see why its rated so highly.
Fri 09/07/04 at 19:17
Regular
"\\"
Hedfix wrote:
> Aoe wrote:
>
> Well. If you knew anything about Halos production, you'd find it
> actually was rushed in order to get it out when the Xbox was out.
>
> It was originally intended for the PC anyway? It had years of work
> put into it. I'd hardly called the whole game rushed.

No. They had the basis of a brilliant game. But ruched the end of it for the launch of the xbox.

> Mind you Goldeneye's multi was an 'afterthought' and look how that
> turned out. So yeah I guess it could have been rushed, rushed by
> Goldeneye multiplayer standards anyway. ;)

Meh. I guess they got lucky with rushing that and it turned out the best thing ever.
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:53
Regular
"8==="
Aoe wrote:
>
> Well. If you knew anything about Halos production, you'd find it
> actually was rushed in order to get it out when the Xbox was out.

It was originally intended for the PC anyway? It had years of work put into it. I'd hardly called the whole game rushed.

Mind you Goldeneye's multi was an 'afterthought' and look how that turned out. So yeah I guess it could have been rushed, rushed by Goldeneye multiplayer standards anyway. ;)
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:37
Regular
"\\"
Damarus wrote:
> Yes, so why is a rushed game the best Xbox game ever?

Because if it wasn't rushed then it would complete pwn anything.

> Dont get me wrong, I think its a good game. I just don't know what
> all the fuss is about.

Meh. It just comes with the console, YET is good.

> It's like counter strike on the PC. It's an average game made good
> because people have an unhealthy obsession for it.

Only Halo is good....
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:35
Regular
Yes, so why is a rushed game the best Xbox game ever?

Dont get me wrong, I think its a good game. I just don't know what all the fuss is about.

It's like counter strike on the PC. It's an average game made good because people have an unhealthy obsession for it. Speaking of which, I know someone with a AMD 3.2 and an X800 and the only game they play is counter strike.
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:27
Regular
"\\"
Damarus wrote:
> Rickoss is right. If me and a mate were so desperate to complete a
> level as it was that repetitive and boring, then surely it's quite
> crap?
>
> I'm not taking anything away from the game. I just beleive they
> rushed the last few levels.

Well. If you knew anything about Halos production, you'd find it actually was rushed in order to get it out when the Xbox was out.
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:13
Regular
Amen.
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:08
Regular
The problem here is, many people are trying to find a scapegoat to use to make Halo look puny compared to the likes of Goldeneye. Goldeneye is passed it's day in my opinion, I have played it a few times, didn't really strike much of a chord with me.

Why not just sit back and enjoy Halo, instead of spending time nit-picking at possible flaws within the title. Have you ever stopped and thought that, not every single game is flawless?

People found Halo revolutionary because it told a decent story of our future, and what life would be like during this time. The huge Pillar of Autumn being attacked in space, a vast beach with re-inforced buildings with pretty lights scattered across the map.

It's pretty amazing, it gives you the scope to go and explore the mind of the creator, see what the world would be like, and how wars would be fought. There's a whole background storyline to the game, which can be read in books and even the manual, Master Cheif's inclusion is just one piece of the vast world that has been created.

Halo rocks, And you know it.
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:03
Regular
I have to admit that this is a PC Gamers opinion and therefore what have just come out on consoles, I've had the equivalent on the PC for about 2 years. If I didn't play my PC I would have probably thought Halo and Goldeneye were better than they were, but I always know that I have played better games.
Fri 09/07/04 at 17:59
Regular
I for one didn't see what all the fuss was about Goldeneye either, but same with I can't see what all the fuss was about Halo.
Fri 09/07/04 at 17:57
Regular
"8==="
Aoe wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> How so many people can be so blind is beyond me.
>
> Maybe they're not. Maybe it's just you looking too far into it, just
> because it's so popular.

Yep, I could rattle off a lot of things I thought were missing in Goldeneye, doesn't make it a bad game though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.