GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time For Another Console Debate Perhaps....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 10:36
Regular
Okay, many people have said that 'console wars' is old, but, it creates the best topics as well!!

So, I would just like perhaps like to start another one. Post your arguments on here about why you think your chosen console or consoles, will win the console wars.

I'll post mine later, so get arguing!

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:04
Regular
Just to clarify little better, Polyphony Digital are an in-house team at SCEI!!!
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:02
Regular
E-rno, GT3 was made by Polyphony Digital. Sony own Polyphony Digital, so they had all of Sony's expertise right at hand and I think that this will be visible when it is finally released over here. Extermination was the same, it says it is made by Deep Space but Sony own them.

In my terms, Sony has already won the next gen console war, it has the massive user base already installed, although there is scope possibly for the gamecube if PS2 owners decide they can afford to buy both, but I can see Sony releasinbg their HDD around the same time to persuade them otherwise!!
Sat 16/06/01 at 13:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
Shocktrooper wrote:

Ahem...they do.
> GT3 is one of them.

Ahem...GT3 was not made by Sony. It was only released and promoted by Sony. ssshhhh...
Sat 16/06/01 at 13:54
Regular
turbonutter wrote:
> Sony have made well over 20 games in Europe alone. Don't make me
> dredge up my list.

Yeah, we know how hard it would be to find them all. And anyway, only about two of them are worth playing.
Sat 16/06/01 at 12:12
Regular
does it really matter if sony makes games or not? only disadvantage i could see would be if all the developers left the PS and sony would be left with nothing. With nintendo,if the same thing happened, they wouldnt be hit so bad as they can produce quality games themselves.
Sat 16/06/01 at 12:11
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I think Ant's is gonna be a long one. He said he's going to post his later...he's probably preparing right now.
Sat 16/06/01 at 12:09
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
er-no wrote:
> turbonutter wrote:
> Sony have made well over 20 games in Europe
> alone. Don't make me
> dredge up my list.

Sony don't make
> games!

duurrr!

Ahem...they do. GT3 is one of them.
Sat 16/06/01 at 12:02
Regular
so basically buy banged up old deveopers and turn them into 3rd rate games.
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
SCEE do make games by way of buying failing developers. They become part of SCEE, they make games and hence, SCEE make games.
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
turbonutter wrote:
> Sony have made well over 20 games in Europe alone. Don't make me
> dredge up my list.

Sony don't make games!

duurrr!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.