GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time For Another Console Debate Perhaps....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 10:36
Regular
Okay, many people have said that 'console wars' is old, but, it creates the best topics as well!!

So, I would just like perhaps like to start another one. Post your arguments on here about why you think your chosen console or consoles, will win the console wars.

I'll post mine later, so get arguing!

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 16/06/01 at 15:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
Spiders tagline is:

Have I improved?

Chris Sez: Know you're still the voyeuristic, arrogant, gormless poster that you were4 before.
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:51
Regular
"Hoo Har"
How comes you've only made 12 postsand you've been here for longer than 30 days. Have you come back to FOG???
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:45
"I love yo... lamp."
Sony don't directly make games but hey own some developers.Psygonosis who make Wipeout is one that springs to mind.But it doesn't really make a difference whether or not a console has first party games because it doen't make them better.Sega make the best games.Nintendo are also extremely good but not as good as Sega.Sony make average or bad games.Microsofts Pc games were quite good normally.But Rare are the ultimate developers.I think that insider information will help Microsoft make graphically better games than other third party developers but of course that elusive quality gameplay can only be in abundance if the developers are any good.So that might not be up to scratch.Lets just wait and see what happens when the GC and X-box are released.
Biggles
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:43
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I hope the chubby side of Mario doesn't go!!!
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
ISSpro wrote:
> I have noticed somthin different about mario in the smash brothers
> melee videos. He seems to have lost a few pounds! the fat plumber
> now seems to have a flat stomach!

A six pack Mario... wow!
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:33
Regular
I have noticed somthin different about mario in the smash brothers melee videos. He seems to have lost a few pounds! the fat plumber now seems to have a flat stomach!
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:31
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
ISSpro wrote:
> The cube hasnt really been delayed. Only a few months in Japan, Its
> still being released in America November and we might even see a
> February Release.

I think the PS2 has probably won the console
> war. I dunno if any sony fans will buy the cube becasue of the
> apparent childish image set by the N64. Only time will tell.

Well, Nintendo are firng aheadin trying to make the Gamecube appeal to the elder audiences.

For example: They're designing (when I say they I mean Shigsy), a new Mario! He's supposed to look more adult, instead of the usual cutesy/annoying bloke we know.
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:30
Regular
"everyone says it"
Bonus wrote:
*Pokes er-no in the ear with a
> wooden spoon*

That rrrreeeaaaalllly hurt!

:P
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:23
Regular
The cube hasnt really been delayed. Only a few months in Japan, Its still being released in America November and we might even see a February Release.

I think the PS2 has probably won the console war. I dunno if any sony fans will buy the cube becasue of the apparent childish image set by the N64. Only time will tell.
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I defently agree with Ant!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.