GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time For Another Console Debate Perhaps....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 10:36
Regular
Okay, many people have said that 'console wars' is old, but, it creates the best topics as well!!

So, I would just like perhaps like to start another one. Post your arguments on here about why you think your chosen console or consoles, will win the console wars.

I'll post mine later, so get arguing!

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 16/06/01 at 10:36
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, many people have said that 'console wars' is old, but, it creates the best topics as well!!

So, I would just like perhaps like to start another one. Post your arguments on here about why you think your chosen console or consoles, will win the console wars.

I'll post mine later, so get arguing!

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 16/06/01 at 10:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
For God's sake, it's NOT A BLOODY WAR!

Nintendo will make consoles, Sony will make consoles, Microsoft will make A console and Sega will make games for these consoles. That's it, ad infinitum.
Sat 16/06/01 at 10:45
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Nintendo are the best, great games, innovative styles, genre-breaking classics, gameplay before graphics, Mario, Link, Shigsy, PIKMIN, the Gamecube, they have Rare, Retro, the GBA which is pretty damn good...

Nintendo ARE the best, because they are...

Sony aren't even Sony, they've made about 6 games... they suck, they have no decent handheld or anything!

S - Stupid...
O - Overrated...
N - Nincompoops!
Y - Yes, they are!
Sat 16/06/01 at 10:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sony have made well over 20 games in Europe alone. Don't make me dredge up my list.
Sat 16/06/01 at 10:53
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I think this console wars is silly. Whatever console you get i promise it will be brilliant. A lot of people are very biased and they say "Sony is better than Sega." and Sega fans would say "Sega is better than Sony".

Every console will have it's advantages and disadvantages, thats why every console owner will say theres is the best, because they notice all the disadvantages.

It's not the conolse that makes it succesfull it's the games on the console that make it succesfull!
Sat 16/06/01 at 10:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sega make the best games. The PS2 is merely a vessel for their greatness to shine out of. They realised the DC was limiting and wanted more. The power to create bigger and better games, so they could be glorious!

Good move, I say.

"Let's go make some crraaaaaaaazy money!"
Sat 16/06/01 at 10:59
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I think that is true, Seag makes brilliant games and the moved to that side of the gaming business, making games for all companieys. Every conosle has good games. PS2 has MGS2. Gamecube will have dont know much bout GC so i cant say but it sounds as if there'll be good games and Xbox has got Halo. So no-one can complain!
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
turbonutter wrote:
> Sony have made well over 20 games in Europe alone. Don't make me
> dredge up my list.

Sony don't make games!

duurrr!
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
SCEE do make games by way of buying failing developers. They become part of SCEE, they make games and hence, SCEE make games.
Sat 16/06/01 at 12:02
Regular
so basically buy banged up old deveopers and turn them into 3rd rate games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.