GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/07/05 at 15:32
Regular
"serenity now!"
I notice there's ads for this now on Channel 4, so they've finally picked up this show.

The adverts are actually terrible, but the show itself is amazing - original, exciting, and tense, such a rarity. Check it out, or set your fancy Sky+, 'cos once you've seen the first double-length ep you'll be hooked.
Page:
Thu 28/07/05 at 16:03
Regular
"bot"
That ad with the "one of us is a murderer", "one of us is a saint" , "all of us are lost" crap really pishes me off. But yeah, apparently it's good.
Thu 28/07/05 at 16:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My brother downloaded all 24 episodes and watched them in about a week.

The advert is very annoying.
Why the hell are they dancing?
Thu 28/07/05 at 16:08
Regular
So it's a similar idea to 24 then? I.e it runs in real time?
Thu 28/07/05 at 16:09
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
>
> Why the hell are they dancing?

--

I told you, to dance their troubles away. Traumatic experience, getting stranded on a lost island and surviving a plane crash. Dancing in the answer.
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Mozzy"
Can somebody explain what will be happening in the show? Is it a show? I thought it was some kind of drama premier like the ones they have on ITV and BBC1.
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:11
Regular
i thourght it was a reality show aswell, we had an application pack sent to our 6th form for one happening this summer, assumed that was it.
but if people have downloaded it and seen it etc i must be wrong.
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:15
Regular
Is this it on IMDB?

Plot Summary for
"Lost" (2004)

After a somewhat mysterious sequence of events, an oceanic flight from Sydney to LA crashes on what appears to be a deserted island. The chance of being found and rescued are fairly small, so the survivors have to cope with a set of challenges. They have to learn to survive on the island, a mysterious place with enough dangers on it's own. Also, they have to learn to live with each other if any success is to be expected. And finally, they have to live with themselves and their pasts. Interwoven with the events on the islands are flashbacks to the pasts of some 10 main characters. Step by step, we learn a little more about their diverse and unexpected pasts as the group's quest to survive takes shape.

Summary written by RagingR2

A horrific plane crash leaves 48 passengers alive, and stranded on a remote island in the South Pacific. The survivors include doctor Jack, now freed prisoner Kate, one hit wonder rock star Charlie, Iraqi military vet Sayid, and a mysterious man named Locke. For a while their goal is simple survival, but they soon realize that it was far more than mere chance that brought them together, and each of them has a purpose that will help them unlock the island's secrets.

[URL]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/[/URL]

sounds like it would make a good reality tv show, maybe they borrowed the idea. Also sounds like Lord of the Flies but with adults.
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:25
Regular
"serenity now!"
Yep, that's the one.

That description does make it sound like a reality show (a series of challenges?!), but it's really nothing like that. It has kind of a semi-supernatural edge to it, and it kinda reminds me of a Stephen King story, if that doesn't put everyone off. Big cliffhanger endings, and a lot of unanswered questions. Really good character stuff too.

To be honest, I've never seen a show like it so it's kinds difficult to describe. But that in itself has got to be a good thing.

Lord of the Flies is not a bad comparison though.
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:36
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im confused, SMV - you're talking as if you've seen the program, have you? Isn't it coming soon still?
Thu 28/07/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Kill the pig!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.