GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye Bye Resident Evil"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 11:48
Regular
Via the latest edition of Famitsu magazine it has been revealed that Resident Evil 5, the anticipated follow up to the fantastic Gamecube survival horror, will be appearing on the Playstation 3 and X-box 360.

It is not a massive suprise considering Nintendo's new direction for gaming. There is also no confirmation that there won't be a Revolution version of the game... just Capcom, as of yet, know little about the system and how the game would work (well they probably know more than you and I).

Further compounds the need for two consoles for Nintendo fans still craving the usual gaming experience. I've already decided to pick up an X-box 360 this Christmas but naturally the Revolution is still top of my list.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Thu 21/07/05 at 14:03
Regular
maybe the graphics of the revolution wont be as good as sony's and microsofts consoles because the majority of the revolutions power will be used to deliver the games in the new way, so the end reslut you wouldent actually be able to compare because it would be so different.
Thu 21/07/05 at 14:05
Regular
"8==="
Legendary Link wrote:
>
> reslut

That'll be the term for Revolution fanboys. :D
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:01
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> Who cares, really?
>
> Casual gamers and graphics junkies.

Well until we see specs for all three consoles, it's just speculation.
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:03
Regular
"8==="
But we've seen rough gameplay footage from Ghost Recon 3 and a demo of locations in Oblivion.

That's not speculation, I have both on DVD and watched them a week or so ago.

Unlike Sony's efforts these are not FMV.

I don't care about specs I've seen actual footage and that's much more impressive.
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:06
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tphi wrote:
> Well until we see actual footage for all three consoles, it's just
> speculation.
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:13
Regular
"8==="
Oh I see, we're supposed to wait for PS3 gameplay footage to turn up before getting games we've already seen footage of on 360...

and the post I replied to was only concerned with the 'specs' not the footage.
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:17
Regular
"8==="
Tphi wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> speculation.

Infact scanning back you mis-quoted yourself in an attempt to cover up your error.

You didn't mention footage, you only mentioned 'specs'.

Don't bother changing quotes to things you actually didn't write. I mean, how idiotic is that?
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:20
Regular
"8==="
Just to clarify:

You wrote this:

Tphi wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> Who cares, really?
>
> Casual gamers and graphics junkies.
>
> Well until we see specs for all three consoles, it's just
> speculation.

Then quoted it but, in doing so, you changed it to this:

Tphi wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> speculation.

So your explanation for doing so is?
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:48
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You've got the wrong end of the stick, I deliberately changed my quottage.

First I said that I'd wait for specs, though you argued that actually watching gameplay footage would be of more use.

Yep, I have to agree with that. Specs can be diddled with, and the best judge is actually to see the footage from the consoles and compare that.

Therefore I changed my quoted text to that. Simple as.
Thu 21/07/05 at 16:01
Regular
"8==="
Alright then, I though you might've been trying to pull a fast one.

*Narrows eyes*

Anyway, I'm going to get all three providing the PS3 has a harddrive (otherwise Xbox Live will steam-roller over it), although even then I'll probably get it for the some exclusives.

Doubt I'll get PS3 at launch because of (dum dum da!) Halo 3, oh yes Mr Gates' plan is working well already.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.