GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye Bye Resident Evil"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 11:48
Regular
Via the latest edition of Famitsu magazine it has been revealed that Resident Evil 5, the anticipated follow up to the fantastic Gamecube survival horror, will be appearing on the Playstation 3 and X-box 360.

It is not a massive suprise considering Nintendo's new direction for gaming. There is also no confirmation that there won't be a Revolution version of the game... just Capcom, as of yet, know little about the system and how the game would work (well they probably know more than you and I).

Further compounds the need for two consoles for Nintendo fans still craving the usual gaming experience. I've already decided to pick up an X-box 360 this Christmas but naturally the Revolution is still top of my list.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:48
Regular
Via the latest edition of Famitsu magazine it has been revealed that Resident Evil 5, the anticipated follow up to the fantastic Gamecube survival horror, will be appearing on the Playstation 3 and X-box 360.

It is not a massive suprise considering Nintendo's new direction for gaming. There is also no confirmation that there won't be a Revolution version of the game... just Capcom, as of yet, know little about the system and how the game would work (well they probably know more than you and I).

Further compounds the need for two consoles for Nintendo fans still craving the usual gaming experience. I've already decided to pick up an X-box 360 this Christmas but naturally the Revolution is still top of my list.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Wed 20/07/05 at 14:59
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I'm not suprised, to be honest, although knowing how much I love Resi 4, this Nintendo fanboy is being urged by his brain to get two next-gen consoles instead of just the Revolution.
Wed 20/07/05 at 15:49
Regular
Do you mean "bye bye" to exclusivity? I wouldn't rule out a Revolution version yet as I still expect details on it to be released along with confirmed developers. Anyway I don't like multiformat games too much I wonder which console is what they are designing for because the other console might get a raw deal.
Wed 20/07/05 at 15:51
"period drama"
I wouldn't be surprised for this to happen with ... well ... with every single new game announced.
Wed 20/07/05 at 16:03
Regular
"Mozzy"
I think there will be a Revolution version but after the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are out, because it will probably be longer for Capcom to modify the game to suit the Revolution' controller.
Wed 20/07/05 at 16:06
"period drama"
And hacking the graphics / speed / polygon counts down to something the Rev can handle.
Wed 20/07/05 at 16:14
Regular
I don't think even if it's not quite as powerful as every console it'll be noticeable.. we're yet to get any specs so far though.
Wed 20/07/05 at 16:47
Regular
The-IronFlame wrote:
> I don't think even if it's not quite as powerful as every console
> it'll be noticeable..

Only if you shut your eyes and cover your ears.
Wed 20/07/05 at 17:31
Regular
Errr Tilt Revolution's graphics will be on par with the rivals.

RE5, if on Revolution, will be released possibly at the same time... especially as it is reportably faster and cheaper to develop for.
Wed 20/07/05 at 17:47
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The-IronFlame wrote:
> I don't think even if it's not quite as powerful as every console
> it'll be noticeable..
>
> Only if you shut your eyes and cover your ears.

Do you possibly think each next gen console will look any different? It won't be any different, so you can say that the PS3 and the Rev will look better than the X-Box 360 because they came out later?
It was a fact with the PS2 but it won'be for these upcoming consoles.
Each console will be more powerful and slightly less powerful than others but it won't be much difference between the them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.