GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Live 8 - The Best Bits?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/07/05 at 21:36
Regular
What are you Live 8 best bits?

I've been watching since Snoop Dogg, but not sure how much I missed before that.

Top of the list is Velvet Revolver. Bough the album today as a spur of the moment thing, hadn't heard a single track off it, but it had been recommended to me.

By their performance tonight, I won't be disappointed - I thought they were amazing.

Second is Joss Stones drummer. A huge black bloke with a funky hat just going for it like mad - and thoroughly enjoying himself by the looks of things - and fair play to him!

Third - The Killers. Can't believe they only did one track but what they did was spot on!
Mon 04/07/05 at 14:13
Regular
"everyone says it"
Pink Floyd were amazing.

My dad had a tearful eyes when they started playing. Think it was a moment he never thought he'd see and he grew up on Floyd music.

Was amazing.
Mon 04/07/05 at 12:11
Regular
"be happy"
Maybe I sound like an old fart, but The Who and Pink Floyd stood out for me, they were the only acts I was interested in actually. UB40 were good tho.

To be honest the whole thing left a bitter taste for me, even tho Floyd reformed. The G8 will not make poverty history, there will still be millions dying needlessly in Africa in 10 years time, and for Geldof & co to keep praising the likes of Bush, Brown and Blair seems insane.

The G8 Summit - A Fraud & A Circus: [URL]http://pilger.carlton.com/print[/URL]
Sun 03/07/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
English_Bloke wrote:

> As soon as I saw Will Smith introduce someone, I knew Jazzy Jeff
> would be there too.

He had to be there, Smith is nothing without him.
Sun 03/07/05 at 23:15
Regular
Padraic wrote:

> I think the whole thing's a load of knob anyway, Britain had an age
> of poverty, so should Africa.

You've always been a gimp, but.....
Sun 03/07/05 at 22:50
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I missed pretty much all of the American one, although Bon Jovi was ok.

As soon as I saw Will Smith introduce someone, I knew Jazzy Jeff would be there too.
Sun 03/07/05 at 22:47
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Pink Floyd were amazing, mainly as I was watching something I never thought I'd see (and maybe won't again). I also was pleased to see Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff together and kickin' out Summertime.
Sun 03/07/05 at 21:26
Regular
Padraic wrote:
> Oh yeah, no self-promotion at all, U2 played songs that were all from
> their new album.

--

Beautiful Day? One? You deliberately being a tool?
Sun 03/07/05 at 20:47
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Oh yeah, no self-promotion at all, U2 played songs that were all from their new album.

I think the whole thing's a load of knob anyway, Britain had an age of poverty, so should Africa.
Sun 03/07/05 at 20:26
Regular
"Swivel!"
I know I mentioned my best bits earlier, but I think my favourite moment overall was, the Who performing 'Who Are You?', it was great. Great music.
Sun 03/07/05 at 18:53
Regular
"Twenty quid."
the_eyes wrote:
> Timmargh wrote:
> Superb as usual
> UB40
>
> Disappointingly average
> Pink Floyd
>
> yo' better start runnin'

I'm not a fan of UB40 but they're consistently good live and I've seen Pink Floyd do better, although to be fair they probably have more time to set-up properly at their own gigs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.